ADV Bum

thurs 3-06 in the mountains

I decided to go up to the mountains and R&D some of the fix's on the bike. Have to get it and me in shape for the Beach to River ride. Ended up getting there around 2:00. I got a late start, and they had traffic on the 215 down to 1 lane. That sucked.

Get there, gear up and hit the trail.

post-174-1204870836_thumb.jpgpost-174-1204871015_thumb.jpg

First little hill climb as you get to the ridge

post-174-1204871167_thumb.jpgpost-174-1204871239_thumb.jpg

From a cool spot above the lake. It has a neat jump there. You can jump up onto the landing, and as you are in the air you are over looking the lake and feel like nothing is under you. First place I ever got the bike in the air.

post-174-1204871525_thumb.jpgpost-174-1204871634_thumb.jpgpost-174-1204871684_thumb.jpg

Some of the changes. New tail light assembly. New high bars(quad bars). Skid plate extension

All the changes worked very well. The new higher bars were great. I can stand now with no hunching over. Hill climbs, and down hills were great. Standing was making everything better.

I found 909 bars with thier Quad Bend. Those are 1" block risers, with 2" Rox antivibe risers.

I then headed down to the lake.

post-174-1204873700_thumb.jpgpost-174-1204873755_thumb.jpg

This is a cool spot to hang out/ fish.

post-174-1204874088_thumb.jpgpost-174-1204874163_thumb.jpgpost-174-1204874228_thumb.jpg

I always wanted to try this trail. I ended up doing about 1-2 miles. It is sponsered by a jeep club. Hill climbs as far as the eye can see. I would like to explore that entire trail system in the future.

post-174-1204874616_thumb.jpgpost-174-1204874702_thumb.jpg

As I was leaving the canyon I found this truck. I must of missed the accident by 15-20 minutes. Blood fresh, radio still on. I did a quick trail search to see if I could find someone. No luck. At the road I found a fire crew that had just finished dinner. Took them back. We search the creek area. I searched the canyon the way I was leaving.

Turned out to be a long day.

Nice! So you gotta be happy with those high risers! Great pics and nice write up Bro.

Did not know that you like to fish, I used to do allot of freshwater fishing but I have not gone in quite awhile.

I'm gonna go chase Albies as soon as they start showing though. So I'm curious....what happened to the people in the truck? Inquiring minds want to know :)

That is Lake Silverwood. I dont know what happened to the driver. It appeared that it was a college girl. She had left her bag she had packed for the weekend, her back pack with school books, and her nice Laptop computer. Who ever was driving, either her or someone who stole it, must have driven through the water crossing punching the gas and spinning the rear end. At some point they hooked up and it shot them over the side. The truck rolled down 20 ft to the creek. After the badges and official start showing, they have no need for me.

nice bloody tacoma. And nice pics. You all geared up for the long ride now?

I can stand now with no hunching over. Hill climbs, and down hills were great. Standing was making everything better.

Even with risers, I have the same problem with bar height. Did you have to go with new clutch and brake cables or was there enough length?

Hey bum, great pictures!!! Sounds like an awesome ride, thanks for sharing.

I'm itching... no I'm ITCHING to get back up and ride the mountains, the Silverwood area looks pretty clear of snow and muddy mess. How far east did you get and did your run into any snow/mud? I'm really wanting to blast out of the Pinnacle's staging area one of these weekends!!!!

I can stand now with no hunching over. Hill climbs, and down hills were great. Standing was making everything better.

Even with risers, I have the same problem with bar height. Did you have to go with new clutch and brake cables or was there enough length?

I did go with longer cables. I would check first with rerouting the stock lines first, depending how high you plan on going.

Dug the conditions were fantastic. I rode up to the Pinnacles trails. No real snow on the ground. Occasionally there was a patch. Water crossing are elevated, no real mud to speak of.

All the changes worked very well. The new higher bars were great. I can stand now with no hunching over. Hill climbs, and down hills were great. Standing was making everything better.

That's my current project now... too hunched over on the Dash...

Nice report!! :)

the conditions were fantastic. I rode up to the Pinnacles trails. No real snow on the ground. Occasionally there was a patch. Water crossing are elevated, no real mud to speak of.

Yay! :lol: Looks like it's time to post a ride :)