Wierdrider

Suzuki Bandit 1250

Can anyone give me some insight on this bike?

I might go look at 2007 that has a broken cowling 

bike has 23k

It will make you look 10lbs skinnier and 5 years younger.

Fyi the throttle side bar end looks like ground off in a slide not just a parking lot hit

more than just the cowling is broke , windscreen , headlight ,looks like the mainstay is bent , mirror is gone . that kinda hit, the left fork tube could be tweaked in a little , maybe left bar bent , if it was hit in a parking lot,center stand may be bent as well 

are you looking to trade in the ktm for something with a little more longevity ?

No trading,  Took it for a spin yesterday and will wait to see if the guy will call me back with an extremely low ball offer. Otherwise I will look for something else. I have my eyes on a Kawasaki Concours. 

why are you looking at in line fours?

there great off the line, but for touring your gonna want something more V orientated .

Honda vfr800 i had mine and wish i never sold in sporty and touring in great package and easily a 200k motor

Vfr 1200 totally different bike than the 800 only had a short run and never sold current vfr is still using 15year old 800 suspension and drivetrain setup for a reason i believe hondas wording was they couldnt improve on it for a reasonable cost, should say something

I have an FJR1300 that will be coming out of the garage soon if that's something you're interested in......

21 minutes ago, tntmo said:

I have an FJR1300 that will be coming out of the garage soon if that's something you're interested in......

Yes, I like!

Thanks Darren, not sure I trust that one? I've seen it there for close to a month. 

Hey Jim, Damn it ! 

No one is allowed to use my first name on here, Jim Wier .

are you really looking for a fancy smancy pretty little in line 4 with a chain drive?

Barf!

oposing cylinders with a shaft drive is the Shizzy.

if only I didn't have to spell it out for you.

lets get past this boyish persona your carrying on about ...

lets talk maintenance ...

shaft drive = almost No maintenance .

oppossing cylinders even at a 15 degree angle or more will really help you click on the miles which you need if you Really want to see Cali .

does anybody else want to jump in here ?

he is about ready to pull the trigger on a used motorcycle that I'm sure he is going to want to go camping with via street and explore what God created  in a group or solo .

am I wrong here Jim W? Is that what you want , is to tour? Or just commute in san Diego ?

Dont get me wrong it's a great bike.

and I get why you want it.

its because it looks like you...

not real tall, a little over weighted, kinda stunted in nature , with what seem to be Googely eyes behind lenses, and nice, yet capable of giving a good time at the drop of a hat.

im the same way. I prefer my bikes to be greasy ,dirty, kinda old and cheap, while needing a little work , maybe a tear in the seat ...and lots of issues .