Bagstr

Right Angle Adapter - Acerbis Fuel Injected

You guys have been hiding those clever right angle fittings for your fuel tanks. What's Up with that?  Share your source for the KTM fuel injected set-up,, please.

Some people worry about a cholla hit at the exposed right angle of the stock.  Not me.

Bags

value added for an even more robust fuel system for KTM and Husqvarna FI bikes.

http://www.ziptyracing.com/quick-disconnect-fuel-filter/

PS the perferred method for Fuel line clamping is to get an Oetiker clamp kit and tool and do a OEM style crimped clamp installation like in the photo. But some folks do like the option of trail side dissassembly with screw type clamps.

Dave if you are going to buy one of these you need to make sure you get the right one. The aftermarket tanks take a different size than the stock tank.

CiD

There are two different sizes used by KTM. The EXC stock tank uses the longer one. The SX tanks AND the Acerbis 3 gal use the shorter version. Not sure about the other Acerbis tanks but I suspect they use the shorter one as well.

KTM part # for the shorter one is # 1477270001

KTM part # for the longer one is # 1477270002

The good news is the shorter version is half the price! I have the right angle fitting on my bike as well as the Zipty filter. I don't know if I'd go with the Zipty again. It's a nice piece and has worked well but I suspect it's overkill and it is pretty pricey.

My faith has been restored, Youse guys are the best!

Next question,  Are youse going to Appalachian for your KTM parts availability, or maybe KTM Talk?  I like to buy from MotoW, but finding parts is hard.

Bags 

Joe at gp keeps the right angle connectors in stock. Make sure you get the right length. The stock tank is thicker plastic than the acerbis one. 

A good excuse to head down and look at Ducati. 

They've been difficult to get- at least the stock length.

Hugo set me up. GP stocks these and other Good aftermarket items, Sicass, Enduro Engineering etc.