roostingu

Trail Info

I have a street legal KTM and heard of a trail from Romona to Lake Poway that is accessible by street legal dual sport cycles and would be interested in any info on this.

Thanks Jeff :rolleyes:

The only one that I know of is Green Valley Truck Trail off of Highland Valley Road. It is fairly well populated and as I remember, stops at the locked gate of Lake Ramona. If there is another legal way through, I'd like to know about it also.

The only one that I know of is Green Valley Truck Trail off of Highland Valley Road. It is fairly well populated and as I remember, stops at the locked gate of Lake Ramona. If there is another legal way through, I'd like to know about it also.

I am out there for a few days 2-15 until 2-23 looking for good riding and good company have seen many interesting posts of rides such as Pine Valley and Palamor Mt looked at Otay and Mc Cain and Ocotillo I can't ride the entire time but would like to get a couple of day rides in. I will be relocating in the spring more time to ride then.

Jeff :rolleyes:

I am out there for a few days 2-15 until 2-23 looking for good riding.

Jeff :rolleyes:

Jeff,

This time of year skip the hills and head to the desert. Is that bike your getting plated or green sticker?

Paul

green valley truck trail used to be a great dual sport shortcut from ramona to rancho bernardo.

it goes from highland valley road to espola road, and passes over the dam of ramona resevior.

sadly, it has been locked for years, acessable only to bicycles and foot travel.

I am out there for a few days 2-15 until 2-23 looking for good riding.

Jeff :)

Jeff,

This time of year skip the hills and head to the desert. Is that bike your getting plated or green sticker?

Paul

Plated

Just did some Mt roads this weekend and I must say it wasn't much fun. Most are closed due to the rain over the last few weeks. What was open was pretty rutted from cagers headed out muddin' or from just the rain.

This is the time of year, go to Ocotillo Wells or somewhere in the Anza Borrego desert and enjoy. Once you get over the initial panic of riding in the sand it really is quite fun.

Just did some Mt roads this weekend and I must say it wasn't much fun. Most are closed due to the rain over the last few weeks. What was open was pretty rutted from cagers headed out muddin' or from just the rain.

This is the time of year, go to Ocotillo Wells or somewhere in the Anza Borrego desert and enjoy. Once you get over the initial panic of riding in the sand it really is quite fun.

Paul I was considering pine valley but maybe I will just ride to Ocotillo after all its only an 1.5hrs out and I can ride a loop and maybe find a place to stay ride a couple of loops the next day and come back could be some fun I have a new helmet camera I want to try out, memories to sustain me for a couple months of miserey back east.

Jeff