Sign in to follow this  
PastaPilot

Dual sport CRF 450

Guest Hammerin Hammon

This website was posted on TT. A few folks have called and appearanty OC has installed smog pumps and all the necessary EPA certificates to legally plate them.

http://www.orangehonda.com/

Wow, Wow I wish I didnt have to work Tuesday. Thanks.

How did you find that.

Guest Hammerin Hammon

Just called they have plenty 2007 and 2008 they make them for you. They add a Baja design kit and an air injection kit. Sick bike ready for Baja. E start Were is my Honda card. Its a 450X, totally awsome bike.

There is a thread on TT dualsport forum titled "why don't we get these here in the US?"

I found the link in there.

If they can do a 450 can they do a 650? What about the e-start?

There was another post later in that thread stating they want $9k OTD. A rather steep cost of admission. :rolleyes:

There is a thread on TT dualsport forum titled "why don't we get these here in the US?"

I found the link in there.

If they can do a 450 can they do a 650? What about the e-start?

There was another post later in that thread stating they want $9k OTD. A rather steep cost of admission. :rolleyes:

Well it's 8k or better for a euro-bike. The dealer will get what ever the market will bear. It cost me about 800 bucks just to properly and nicely street legalize my KLX 300 and I did all the labor, so I think they are just making sure to recoup their expenses.

As some on you may or may not be aware, you CANNOT convert a dirt bike to a street bike in California. When the bike is manufactured, the VIN states its use, which CANNOT be changed. If this VIN says dirt-NO CA PLATE no matter how many changes to smog, DOT, lights etc. Alot of these bikes get a plate, just for the DMV to later revoke the CA Plate once the VIN is verifyed. Buyer Beware

450x for sale

Theres an 06 thats plated for sale on craigslist. More importantly, its got a new topend after two years. I thought honda was supposed to lasts forever?

Guest Hammerin Hammon

As some on you may or may not be aware, you CANNOT convert a dirt bike to a street bike in California. When the bike is manufactured, the VIN states its use, which CANNOT be changed. If this VIN says dirt-NO CA PLATE no matter how many changes to smog, DOT, lights etc. Alot of these bikes get a plate, just for the DMV to later revoke the CA Plate once the VIN is verifyed. Buyer Beware

I have been told that a dealer can but you can't. We have waited so long. How does Service Honda sell aluminum frame CR 500's 2 stroke with green stickers.

Guest Hammerin Hammon

450x for sale

Theres an 06 thats plated for sale on craigslist. More importantly, its got a new topend after two years. I thought honda was supposed to lasts forever?

Its an X not an XR all the short piston skirt race bike motors need more maintanance. I will never get rid of my bullet proof XR's. But would love a plated baja dominateing 2008 450X

post-465-1201579499_thumb.jpg

post-465-1201579537_thumb.jpg

post-465-1201579572_thumb.jpg

post-465-1201579599_thumb.jpg

Guest Hammerin Hammon

For sale, very fast, very reliable, never raced XR 440 built by Lary Rosler way too much to list. A great bargan at 2,800.00 faster than a KTM 450EXC With 1 tenth the maintanance ! 1 of a kind.

post-465-1201579301_thumb.jpg

I will never get rid of my bullet proof XR's.

For sale, very fast, very reliable, never raced XR 440 built by Lary Rosler way too much to list. A great bargan at 2,800.00 faster than a KTM 450EXC With 1 tenth the maintanance ! 1 of a kind.

:blink: Hammer, you changed your mind quick there. Maybe you should sleep on it. :rolleyes:

Guest Hammerin Hammon

I will never get rid of my bullet proof XR's.

:blink: Hammer, you changed your mind quick there. Maybe you should sleep on it. :rolleyes:

Your right 4,500.00$ for the stroker XR 440 :blink: I am just so excited, the world just became a much better place. :blink:

Some dealers have been getting them through as a special built bike, kinda like a special built chopper. It is only a matter of time before they get yanked. If you really want the 450plated, your best bet is an older one that had already been plated. You suckers are so willing to throw down the dough for the latest and greatest. What are you going to do when honda comes out with the new FI models ( that are plated )? Im sorry, I guess that will be the latest and greatest and you will start all over again. Good luck!

Guest Hammerin Hammon

Some dealers have been getting them through as a special built bike, kinda like a special built chopper. It is only a matter of time before they get yanked. If you really want the 450plated, your best bet is an older one that had already been plated. You suckers are so willing to throw down the dough for the latest and greatest. What are you going to do when honda comes out with the new FI models ( that are plated )? Im sorry, I guess that will be the latest and greatest and you will start all over again. Good luck!

Ya your right. I have been doing so well on my 650L, I guess I dont need another bike. :rolleyes:

Don't you all get your panties in a twist over this. I'm not interested in a 450, never have been, never will. Nonetheless someone out there is and it's something thats available for them to consider.

Bum is right it is appearantly retitled as a motorcycle and sold as new from the dealership. It also has more street accessories (read DOT legal turn signals, mirrors, brakelight) and emissions equipment (smog air pump, exhaust mufflers) than the many hundreds of thousands of custom choppers that are being sold every year with California plates. Sure the plate might get yanked, but if the DMV starts requiring smog tests for motorcycles I think a lot of people on bikes of all types could be kissing there plates good bye. Especially if the smog equipment has been removed and the mixtures enrichened. I hope you kept all the factory parts.

I'm considering a new bike as I feel my skills have surpassed the limits of my XR-L. To make it a more capable bike would require more money than I care to put into it. I'm not in a hurry, but the new bike is going to be similar to what the TE-610 already is. ~300pounds, FI, inverted forks, e-start, 6-speed, Very capable and reliable for use off road and a street worthy motorcycle that I can bring my girlfriend along for a trip up the coast.

I'm looking at December of this year to start looking, if Honda can pull a new big bore DS out of there asses than it'll be something I'll consider. But lately it seems all they care about are off-road bikes. They have 11 more months to suprise me.

Guest Hammerin Hammon

Don't you all get your panties in a twist over this. I'm not interested in a 450, never have been, never will. Nonetheless someone out there is and it's something thats available for them to consider.

Bum is right it is appearantly retitled as a motorcycle and sold as new from the dealership. It also has more street accessories (read DOT legal turn signals, mirrors, brakelight) and emissions equipment (smog air pump, exhaust mufflers) than the many hundreds of thousands of custom choppers that are being sold every year with California plates. Sure the plate might get yanked, but if the DMV starts requiring smog tests for motorcycles I think a lot of people on bikes of all types could be kissing there plates good bye. Especially if the smog equipment has been removed and the mixtures enrichened. I hope you kept all the factory parts.

I'm considering a new bike as I feel my skills have surpassed the limits of my XR-L. To make it a more capable bike would require more money than I care to put into it. I'm not in a hurry, but the new bike is going to be similar to what the TE-610 already is. ~300pounds, FI, inverted forks, e-start, 6-speed, Very capable and reliable for use off road and a street worthy motorcycle that I can bring my girlfriend along for a trip up the coast.

I'm looking at December of this year to start looking, if Honda can pull a new big bore DS out of there asses than it'll be something I'll consider. But lately it seems all they care about are off-road bikes. They have 11 more months to suprise me.

You need 3 bikes, I will let you ride my CR 500 and my XR440 some time, They will blow your mind. Just try not to flip them over! :blink:

My panties are none of your business...

When I ride buddies dirt bikes (green or red sticker) I always get the itch for a light, hi strung dirt blaster... but the "M" word brings me back to earth right quick... those machines require more "M"aintenance than I give my bike (or my truck, or my dogs, or my street bike... you get the picture)

I like that I can yank my bike out of the garage, and ride to Arizona if I wanted... not so sure if I'd do that on a CRF.

If I trailered my bike everywhere (I know, most of you think I do) it would be easier to accpet the extra maintenance...

and Jon, like you, that Husky 610 is looking mighty appealing... my income taxes were just done, and damn if the refund wasn't a LOT more than I expected... I may have open the topic up for conversation...

Guest Hammerin Hammon

When I ride buddies dirt bikes (green or red sticker) I always get the itch for a light, hi strung dirt blaster... but the "M" word brings me back to earth right quick... those machines require more "M"aintenance than I give my bike (or my truck, or my dogs, or my street bike... you get the picture)

I like that I can yank my bike out of the garage, and ride to Arizona if I wanted... not so sure if I'd do that on a CRF.

If I trailered my bike everywhere (I know, most of you think I do) it would be easier to accpet the extra maintenance...

and Jon, like you, that Husky 610 is looking mighty appealing... my income taxes were just done, and damn if the refund wasn't a LOT more than I expected... I may have open the topic up for conversation...

Did you read about Travis Pastrana Ironmaning the Baja 1000 on a DRZ 400 with a Yoshi pipe and a biger tank. He was 15 over all and 1rst. In class. Too bad he seized the thing 120 miles from the finish line. Not bad for a almost stock bike. ;) I wish you guys would Quite complaining and start rideing the shizie out of those great reliable bikes.

Did you read about Travis Pastrana Ironmaning the Baja 1000 on a DRZ 400 with a Yoshi pipe and a biger tank. He was 15 over all and 1rst. In class. Too bad he seized the thing 120 miles from the finish line. Not bad for a almost stock bike. ;) I wish you guys would Quite complaining and start rideing the shizie out of those great reliable bikes.

Craig; you are, of course, correct...

Jon says, it ain't the horse, it's the cowboy...

I have always said " It's the Indian, not the arrow"

In any case, light makes right, but a good rider can make up for that... a good rider can't make up for a seized piston... All the dual sports are a compromise; I've ridden everything from a zx-11 to an XRL250... you pick the compromise that best matches your own... I've checked my valves ONCE; change the air filter every ride, change the oil every 1000, and check air pressure whenever it feels like I need to... I'm bad...

also; I'm no TP... what is the story? he siezed a piston, or his air filter was clogged? (Or one caused the other?)

Guest Hammerin Hammon

In any case, light makes right, but a good rider can make up for that... a good rider can't make up for a seized piston... All the dual sports are a compromise; I've ridden everything from a zx-11 to an XRL250... you pick the compromise that best matches your own... I've checked my valves ONCE; change the air filter every ride, change the oil every 1000, and check air pressure whenever it feels like I need to... I'm bad...

also; I'm no TP... what is the story? he siezed a piston, or his air filter was clogged? (Or one caused the other?)

What I was realy trying to get across was, how good your bikes realy are. I think TP.. broke his air box. Just imagine, he wasn't far behind the KTM, (with a team of fresh riders) on a stock DR-Z You may not be TP... but we are not raceing, so a DR-Z ,XR 650 L,KLR 650 are all great RELIABLE bikes

What I was realy trying to get across was, how good your bikes realy are. I think TP.. broke his air box. Just imagine, he wasn't far behind the KTM, (with a team of fresh riders) on a stock DR-Z You may not be TP... but we are not raceing, so a DR-Z ,XR 650 L,KLR 650 are all great RELIABLE bikes

DAAAAH I LIKE TURTLES...

"Bum is right it is appearantly retitled as a motorcycle and sold as new from the dealership. It also has more street accessories (read DOT legal turn signals, mirrors, brakelight) and emissions equipment (smog air pump, exhaust mufflers) than the many hundreds of thousands of custom choppers that are being sold every year with California plates. Sure the plate might get yanked, but if the DMV starts requiring smog tests for motorcycles I think a lot of people on bikes of all types could be kissing there plates good bye. Especially if the smog equipment has been removed and the mixtures enrichened. I hope you kept all the factory parts."

DMV cannot come up with law that revert back before the law. for example if they were to smog bike, which i do see them doing in the future. it would only affect bikes built after the law, if your bike had no smog before the law, it will pass. This is the same reason why bike that were plated before 2003 cannot have their plate revolk, but bike after, always stand a risk. i would not buy any bike that has been moded or tweak to get a plate after dec 2003. because there is always be a chance the plate can get revolk. safer bet is to buy one that has pass all the regulations by the state at the manufactory and desmog the hell out of it!

sonny

Well, plates are plates. I've never heard of anyone having any trouble with anything that's already plated.