Sign in to follow this  
downs

Camping Ramona 23 Feb (SATURDAY)

Have a pistol match in Alpine Saturday morning but after I'm done with that I plan on going back to lakeside loading up the bike with camping gear then going camping somewhere off of Black Mtn Truck trail overnight. Hopefully at the top if there's no one there already.

Area I'm talking about is linked below to google maps.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir//33.1569623,-116.8093358/@33.1569361,-116.8093247,435m/data=!3m1!1e3

For us it is called "PARTY POINT" some 4x4 can be there, I went up with a group of 4x4 on my bike twice.

For us it is called "PARTY POINT" some 4x4 can be there, I went up with a group of 4x4 on my bike twice.

Yes, my kids were all very familiar with that spot in their teenage years - ha!

Since you're on a bike, I'd just go to the top and set up under the trees by the hang glider launch spot......

Better watch the weather.......might be muddy/sloppy up there on Sat night......

What time do you thing you will be there? I might just ride up for a chat.

The gates were closed from both ends last Sunday .

Mesa side looked all blocked . Just saying ,

If it's closed it's closed. No real plan on time. Pistol match should be done around 1300ish or so then I'll go home load up and leave out. No later than 17 or 1800 I should be up there and setup. I've camped up there probably a dozen and a half times or more. If I go up there on the bike i go to the hang glider spot if I go up in the Jeep I camp next to the turn around at the top. I'll keep an eye on the weather. I've got a few other spots I may try to get to if all else fails.