Dylan

East County Close LEGAL Local Rides?

Hey guys,

I've been scouring Google Earth trying to find casual LEGAL areas to ride the 250. More often than not, I have an hour or two to kill and I'd like to do some quick trips. I'm in El Cajon/Lakeside around Lake Jennings. Any rides between the 8 and Crest? San Vicente backroads? El Capitan via Alpine?

Thanks!

Thanks I've been doing the Pine Valley loop, but was hoping for something a little closer so I can ride to the base. The 22 miles really wears on the XR250.

I see all sorts of dirt roads going up the hill by Crest. The only entrance I have investigated is behind the old Vons/Haggens at Los Coches and it is definitely gated. Thanks again for the help, let's keep the ideas coming!

You're not going to find much between El Cajon and Miramar (base) to ride on. Pretty much all that land is East Miramar (military). Once you get east of Lakeside (I live out there) you start getting into better areas. We can ride from Alpine to Julian on dirt roads then there's lots of stuff south and north of Pine Valley. Then you have the desert but that's a good ride from El Cajon if you are on a small bike.

You're not going to find much between El Cajon and Miramar (base) to ride on. Pretty much all that land is East Miramar (military). Once you get east of Lakeside (I live out there) you start getting into better areas. We can ride from Alpine to Julian on dirt roads then there's lots of stuff south and north of Pine Valley. Then you have the desert but that's a good ride from El Cajon if you are on a small bike.

This sounds like exactly what I'm looking for! Let's ride it this weekend!

What kind of bike are you on? I have a Pistol Match in Alpine Saturday Morning and plan to camp somewhere that night since I'll be getting a late start I'm thinking Mount Laguna or the like if the gates are open. Maybe ride down to Pine Valley OHV then down past the Helipad to Buckman Springs Road. There's a few spots I found to camp down there that might be nice but I'm thinking of going up Thing Valley to a site I use on Mount Laguna pretty often.

Dylan, im in lakeside as well, noob rider on a klr, let me know if you want to ride PM or Call, Im looking to ride this sunday. 773-220-5061

Dudemas, I also want to ride the line between legal and legal.

I'm in alpine Saturday .I got my husky up.

Can I tag along ?

Is this Noob ride official?

Do you guys wanna meet up at Carl's Jr ?

I'm totally down for a ride this weekend if anyone wants to set it up!