Sign in to follow this  
CVRick

Carrier

I have A new receiver hitch motorcycle carrier.

What is A good way to tie down my bike?

I just use 2 straps forward and one strap back but definitely use a fork stabilizer that goes between tire and front fender so you don't have to synch​ straps down and make it very solid. ​first time using it you are going to look into your mirror every 5 seconds and see bike swaying side to side little bit just remember that's normal

Also, depending on how far out the attachment points are on the carrier, you may want to criss-cross the straps ACROSS the front of your bike (i.e. attach the left strap to your right handlebar and the right strap to your left handle bar) so that you get enough angle on the straps. The more vertical the straps are, the less holding power.

I use a hitch carrier since it is impossible for me to get my bike into the back of my lifted truck. I prefer the criss-crossing method over the tank, but remember to put some shop rags on your tank just in case the ratchets are positioned on it to prevent them from scratching up your plastics/decals. I also use a single strap over the back part of the seat to cinch it down. And like the above posts say, it swings a lot even with the anti-rattle thingy in there.