Sign in to follow this  
Mikey777

What happens in Palm Desert... stays in Palm Desert

Written by GF....

So I was promised an epic ride to Palm Desert, with a stop over at Font's Point and Salvation Mountain to check out that unique desert spectacle. We hit the road up to Ramona and made the climb up to Julian with Monday's winter storm chasing us up the mountain. We grabbed lunch at Miner's Diner and by the time we got back on the bike the temperature had dropped to just above freezing. It was cooooldddd.

We got back on the bike and started down Banner Grade..the twisties of Banner Grade. The weather greatly improved as we dropped into the desert. But as we continued on, lunch wasn't sitting so well and I had to tap on Mikey's shoulder because bad things were about to happen....Fortunately, I was able to walk off the motion sickness and we got back on the bike. So I heard it is a thing on here to post pictures of people at their worst...after a crash, with a flat, their camping gear all over the trail, or about to puke (see below).

As you might imagine, Salvation Mountain would not bring salvation for me, so we skipped it and rode into Palm Desert. We enjoyed a nice evening out and the next morning rode up the 74 to Anza. The winter storm left a light dusting of snow on the mountains. The ride back was uneventful, but convinced me that I need some warmer winter gear.

Signed GF (aka Jenny)

post-15604-0-90990800-1451450285_thumb.j

post-15604-0-54530000-1451450726_thumb.j

Bravo to you Jenny for riding along. Prety sure many of the guys on here would love to have their gal along for the ride!

How awesome and bummer about getting motion sickness, wonder how getting to fonts point 2 up on the big girl (ktm not u Jenny) would be, some deep sand out there

Tip-- Remove helmet if you can before pukeing.

Gotta watch out for anything fried for lunch, I know the feeling, came down with the flu bug last year at work and almost didn't make it bake up Wildcat,had action at both ends.

Where's salvation mtn? been out to Font's Pointe a bunch of time. Love that spot.

Oh yeah I've heard of that place. Never got around to getting out there when I'm out in the desert.