Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hammerin Hammon

Ocatillo Wells 1-26-27-08 Cristina & Hammer

Guest Hammerin Hammon

We will be ariveing at Ocatillo Wells around 6:00 AM.Saturday and camping that night, so we can ride both days.

Come on out and have some fun. :D

Staying at holmes camp, off Wolf road. (about 1 mile past My Desert Rose.) On 78 Head North about half a mile, turn right on the second dirt road. You cant miss it. Hot showers,Bathrooms with running water and picnic tables. :D

post-465-1200513160_thumb.jpg

post-465-1200513276_thumb.jpg

I'll be there with some other beginners from my office - not sure if we're setting up Friday night or Sat. morning yet. We'll have a bunch of Suzuki DR 400s (one plated, one green sticker) a 250 and I'll be on either my KLR or borrowing a friend's 450 :angry:

I've only been to the wells twice, and they were both short rides, so I don't know the area at all. Any pointers would be awesome!

You are referring to Ocotillo Wells, not Ocotillo,CA, correct? Ocotillo would be a little far for me that day but I might be able to haul my ass out to Ocotillo Wells. I don't know if you'd think about moving the start time to more like 8 A.M? I can't get to bed till at least 10 pm Friday so to get there I would only get like 4 or 5 hours of sleep. But I wouldn't want to screw up your trip either so it's no problem if you'd rather not change it. Just let me know what you think about that if you would.

Thanks, KJ

Guest Hammerin Hammon

You are referring to Ocotillo Wells, not Ocotillo,CA, correct? Ocotillo would be a little far for me that day but I might be able to haul my ass out to Ocotillo Wells. I don't know if you'd think about moving the start time to more like 8 A.M? I can't get to bed till at least 10 pm Friday so to get there I would only get like 4 or 5 hours of sleep. But I wouldn't want to screw up your trip either so it's no problem if you'd rather not change it. Just let me know what you think about that if you would.

Thanks, KJ

No problem. I will get there around 6:00 AM. Set up camp and then go to My Desert Rose for breakfast, then ride. This trip, I want to ride from OW. to Superstition. From OW. to Truckaeven to Salton Sea. And much more. :unsure:

No problem. I will get there around 6:00 AM. Set up camp and then go to My Desert Rose for breakfast, then ride. This trip, I want to ride from OW. to Superstition. From OW. to Truckaeven to Salton Sea. And much more.

We'll probably miss your ride (unless I can kick some ass and get people on the road earlier) but I'll try and track you down in the evening to share some of our beer & BBQ. Where do you usually camp?

Guest Hammerin Hammon

I am going to stay at Holmes camp again.(Its off Wolf road, from the 78, about a mile past My Desert Rose. Or about 5 miles West of the Blue Inn. Take Wolf road North, about half a mile and turn right on the second dirt road to Holmes camp. There are picnic tables, bathrooms with running water and hot showers. :lol:

Because of all the rain, I want to ride mostly sandy, rocky areas and lots of whoops. :lol2:

Craig. :bye:

hey hammer, are you going to ride on sunday too? I'll prabably meet up with you saturday night and ride sunday.

Guest Hammerin Hammon

hey hammer, are you going to ride on sunday too? I'll prabably meet up with you saturday night and ride sunday.

Yes, We wil look for you. :lol2:

Guest Hammerin Hammon

Sorry, Had to cancel the camping trip. Kids thought they were staying home and haveing a party.

Yeah, we ended up canceling too. I'm not too sad through, I'm doing the Bradshaw bomb Run run next weekend :)