stefano

From racing Enduro in Italy to the races open desert in USA !

Hey Guys how are you ?

It pass more then 1 month that im training in Mc Cain Valley every weekends and im getting back in a good shape to ride strong again like 2 years ago !! so I decide to start to do some ama race with distric 38.

Next weekend on the 20 th of Jan I will do my first race in USA Plaster city west and is gonna be complitly differents of the race i use to do in Italy ( ENDURO ).

In California what some people told me that is open desert just get your bike and open the throttle straight and fast nothing clouse to Enduro :D

Anyway i will see..... but i partecipate always for win ! ... not for cruise around ! :D

if someone have some tips to give me or want to came with me let me know.

I will be just me and my bike ! :D

I need to get use to the desert races because on 14 /15 March 2008 i will probably race Baja 250 my company is willing to sponsor me for the expensive registration fee ....

You Guys have a great week !

Stefano

You and the Hammer should team up! He's still got the competitive juices flowing.

If I can get away....I'll pit fer ya, or at least be there to tip a few and cheer you on!

You guys could call your team "Goodfellas Racing......The Italians & Irish in that movie (goodfellas) sure took care of the competition together! :D

... but i partecipate always for win ! ... not for cruise around ! :D ...

Good man Stefano!

Best of luck to you getting sponsored for the 250! I'll do what I can for you in the 250, like pit for you. If you don't need me to do that, well, I guess I'll just go cheer you on.

Thank you guys I will see how is gonna be and i will let you know after Sunday !!

2 wheels thank you for your disponibility !! im sure i will need some support ! :lol: is gonna be fun !

Stefano

Thats great Stefano! :D My friends Joaquin and Dana are very familiar with Baja races as they provide Chase and support to Kiosco Team. They are happy to assist you during your Baja 250 race! Maybe we can all provide support. I'll try to make it this weekend also. :lol:

Hi Stefano,

I raced D38 for four years. It's not WFO! Most of the races in 2006 (my last year of racing) were very technical. There were only a few sections where you could get on the gas. Lots of sand and even more jagged rocks! But, it depended on the locations. It will certainly be good practice.

Good Luck! Be sure to tell us how you did!

:ph34r:

Yeah, it is a variety of terain rocks, sand, woops, and some wide open stuff. The best advice I have is make sure your suspension is dialed in right and a steering stabilizer will definetly help keep you upright with less fatigue. I usually keep the air pressure between 14 and 17 psi. A big tank is benificial to keep you from wasting time in the pits. You won't be able to prerun Distric 38 courses like you can for Baja so you don't really know the hazards until you start racing. Pay close attention to the course markers and at the racers meeting befor the race. They will usually go over any potential hazards. You can practice the bomb run which is the first 1-2 miles of the start. you will need to do this to select your best lines for the start of the race. I won't be making this weekends race but I'll be at the next one (#113s). I look forward to seeing you there and hearing about how you did this weekend. :ph34r:

Thank you all of you guys for your tips ! i will keep in mind all what you said !

My bike is set up perfect for me suspension and everythings set for my way to ride ! i will go there this weekend and i will try to to my best.

The only thing that im thinking about is I hope i can understand everythings well about the rules , flag etc , etc.......

sometime i can not understand too much in the english language but i will ask more informations the day before !!!! to make sure everything is clear for me :blink:

I will let you know monday ! :ph34r:

Have a good weekend ride guys !

Stefano

Stefano:

Tree is right. Practice the bomb and get a good line. The better position you have at the end of the bomb makes the rest of the loop much easier ( less dust). If you do not have anyone with you ask a club to ride with them. If you have a problem they will make sure you and your bike get back to your camp. Spray your goggles with Static Guard. No dust will stick to them usually on the first loop.

I do not know about Dist.38 but if it's anything like Dist. 37 (which it probably is), it's not WFO. Here is two photos of one of our down hill last year (Vikings H&H National). The first one is half way down the hill. It's a lot steeper than it looks in the photo. The second one is the wash you got to ride through at the bottom. GOOD LUCK and ride safe.

Barry

vikings07-005Web.jpg

vikings07-008Web.jpg

Barry has some good advice about joining a club. Myself, john79, and ride-orange belong to the otb racing club. They will help pit for you or come get you if you break down on the course. It is good to have a group to help you out when you are first starting. Here is a link to the OTB website where you can get all their contact info. or ask questions http://groups.msn.com/OTBRacing/messages.msnw

You folks that are saying it's not WFO obviously haven't ridden with Stefano yet :blink: This kid is F-A-S-T!!!

I may see you Sunday morning at the rider's meeting pal :huh: Not to race but to give you moral support. Like I said on the phone, you'll have a blast - BEST OF LUCK BROTHER! :ph34r:

Guest Hammerin Hammon

Stefano:

Tree is right. Practice the bomb and get a good line. The better position you have at the end of the bomb makes the rest of the loop much easier ( less dust). If you do not have anyone with you ask a club to ride with them. If you have a problem they will make sure you and your bike get back to your camp. Spray your goggles with Static Guard. No dust will stick to them usually on the first loop.

I do not know about Dist.38 but if it's anything like Dist. 37 (which it probably is), it's not WFO. Here is two photos of one of our down hill last year (Vikings H&H National). The first one is half way down the hill. It's a lot steeper than it looks in the photo. The second one is the wash you got to ride through at the bottom. GOOD LUCK and ride safe.

Barry

vikings07-005Web.jpg

vikings07-008Web.jpg

The downhill and the wash look fun. Do they have any longer races 200+ MILES, 100miles seems like a short sprint.

Hey guys thank you to all for support me !! :blink: and give me some tips !

I can just picture right now how is gonna be but for sure is gonna be different than what we have in Europe.

I will do my best !

I will let you know Monday how was :ph34r:

for who will be around plaster city this weekend this is my mobile phone 619-208-6093 i will be there since saturday morning !!! i will be there with a Dodge ram gray colour .

Stefano

The downhill and the wash look fun. Do they have any longer races 200+ MILES, 100miles seems like a short sprint.

The Checkers hope to have the River Run November 30th. That's from Lucerne to Parker. We'll see what happens (environmentalists). That gives you plenty of time to get in shape. Start out by doing the Desert MC Winter Classic (National H&H) on January 27th. in Johnson Valley. http://district37ama.org/offroad/calendar/jan08/08dmc.jpg It's only 80 fun filled miles. Our race last year 1/4 of the riders did not finish the first loop. Come to the Vikings camp. We will be happy to pit you.

Barry

for who will be around plaster city this weekend this is my mobile phone 619-208-6093 i will be there since saturday morning !!! i will be there with a Dodge ram gray colour .

Stefano

STEFANO- When you get there, look-up Jim STEWART. I talked with Jim (he's the Dad) last night at the Father/Daughter dance in Jamul. I told him to look for a good looking, outging Italian kid who would be down there for his first American race. Jim said he would be happy to take you under his wing :ph34r: He has two sons, A.J. & Dustin. A.J. won 1st overall 2 weeks ago, so they have a good idea of what they're doing. Good people to know :blink:

[

Stefano

STEFANO- When you get there, look-up Jim STEWART. I talked with Jim (he's the Dad) last night at the Father/Daughter dance in Jamul. I told him to look for a good looking, outging Italian kid who would be down there for his first American race. Jim said he would be happy to take you under his wing :unsure: He has two sons, A.J. & Dustin. A.J. won 1st overall 2 weeks ago, so they have a good idea of what they're doing. Good people to know :D

Ohh ! Great Rob thank you so much i will looking to met him.

Great thank you for your help !

Hope to see you down there !

Stefano