Sign in to follow this  
Strega

Jan 12 or 13 Green Sticker Riding, anyone?

*OFFICIAL EDIT* (Friday 12:21pm) :lol:

Sat Jan. 12th, we are MEETING at Campo at 9am.

Looks like possibly ELEVEN on this ride so far:

Myself, Brian (Cousin), Scott (Friend), Siverson, Erick, Ozzy, FJCruisin, dualsportdrz, Joliet, Dirt Dame, KLRoger.

Difficulty: Beginner

Official meeting spot is here at 9am:

32.59043,-116.467953

Problem is, you can't get driving directions from Google with that, so you can use the following coordinate for that. Then check out the 2 map links before that for that last 500 yards of driving.

Last mapable coordinates with Google Maps is here:

32.597230, -116.466764

Map Part 1 - Full Drive via 94

Map Part 1 - Full Drive via 8

Map Part 2 - Last Bit

Nearest cross streets are I-94 and Forest Gate Road. From 94 you go EAST on Forest Gate till you hit the dirt, just past the Juvenile Camp for Boys.

As you can see, from the last mapable coordinate, just head due South to that clearing before the fence.

You will see THIS SIGN shortly after you get on the dirt road. At that moment, you are headed East, and will be following the fence on your right (Horse Corals) and staying right at that last mapable coordinate, and then headed South.

Sure, I'd be up for it, if you don't mind a somewhat beginner to tag along. This would be my 3rd ride on my new bike (07 XR 650 L), after a ~15 year dirt bike hiatus (I'm 32 now).

Campo / Tecate sounds most interesting to me, but any is fine - and I'd love tag along on the trailer. Perhaps I could meet you out there, and I could take the trailer back with you - the long ride home on the street is the worst part...

-Steve

Sure, I'd be up for it, if you don't mind a somewhat beginner to tag along. This would be my 3rd ride on my new bike (07 XR 650 L), after a ~15 year dirt bike hiatus (I'm 32 now).

Campo / Tecate sounds most interesting to me, but any is fine - and I'd love tag along on the trailer. Perhaps I could meet you out there, and I could take the trailer back with you - the long ride home on the street is the worst part...

-Steve

Campo/Tecate is definitely and interesting ride, there's more riding than you could do in a day, so plenty to see. Best riding is with people who haven't seen the area before, so don't worry about the beginner stuff, the border patrol roads are well groomed, so we can stick to those or take some side trips on some stuff that is a little more snake like.

What part of San Diego are you in, wouldn't mind throwing your bike in for the ride out as well. It would be a bit of a trek in the morning at cold temps. I'm in Sorrento Valley, by the 5/805 split.

I'm inclined to want to go Saturday, since the Charger game is on Sunday. But, if Sat doesn't work I can always DVR the game if needs be.

This sounds like an interesting ride. I'd like to check any of those areas out. Saturday would be best for me as well, what timeframe are you looking at? A full day, half day?

Erick

This sounds like an interesting ride. I'd like to check any of those areas out. Saturday would be best for me as well, what timeframe are you looking at? A full day, half day?

Erick

I typically like to get to Campo by 9am, gives me about 30 minutes to get unloaded, geared/warmed up, etc. We could ride East for a bit, checking out that area, then back to the truck to top of the tank and head West towards Tecate. Depending on how many side trails we take, we can arrive in Tecate at anytime to grab a bite to eat or go up Tecate Peak and come back for food when anyone is hungry. There is enough riding for a full day, we can ride as long as people are up for it. When I ride with my cousin out there, we typically get done between 2-3 pm, so not a terribly long day. There's more riding to be had, but when that sun starts casting a shadow, the fingers start to get a little cold this time a year.

Sure, Saturday works and 9am -> 3pm sounds about right. I'm downtown - I'll PM you my cell # now and we can coordinate.

-Steve

post your meeting spot or pm me sounds like a nice ride haven't done much exploring out there in a long time sounds fun

oz

I'm in too. Look forward to finally riding from some of the folks on this board. I PM'd my cell also.

See you all there.

I'm in a Burgundy Ford F150 with a Yamaha WR in the back.

I'm interested in this ride, but am wondering what skill level you think this ride will be? Pretty easy or big hill climb madness?

I've ridden at McCain Valley, Ocotillo Wells, and some single track rides up in the Sequoia National Forest. Not a totally new rider, but still a little cautious.

I'm interested in this ride, but am wondering what skill level you think this ride will be? Pretty easy or big hill climb madness?

I've ridden at McCain Valley, Ocotillo Wells, and some single track rides up in the Sequoia National Forest. Not a totally new rider, but still a little cautious.

Beginner to Intermediate. There's nothing there that's too crazy unless you want it to be. There are some spots that have some interesting hills, etc, but there's always an easy way up near the hard way. This is a ride definitely doable for a beginner. Would be glad to have you join us.

> Not a totally new rider, but still a little cautious.

I think that characterizes my skill level well too...

-Steve

Hey, I'm tentatively in for this one, pending a handlebar change (no crash involved). I might also be interested in trailering out there with you, but if someone positively wants in on that, by all means, I can truck mine out there and someone else's as well. BUT I'll have to let you know on Fri. Sat works for me as well.

I think I may join this ride as well if you don't mind.

Been wanting to check out the patrol roads and other areas over there.

I'm Downtown San Diego as well. My bike will be hanging off the back of my car.

-Steve

I think I may join this ride as well if you don't mind.

Been wanting to check out the patrol roads and other areas over there.

I'm Downtown San Diego as well. My bike will be hanging off the back of my car.

-Steve

Be glad to have ya join us :lol:

Looks like a great group of guys forming up who I haven't met yet :lol: I know the area somewhat, live in Jamul, and would be honored to join you fellas ;)

EDIT 12/11/07:

Looks like I forgot about Softball tryouts. I can't get away until after 11:00 so maybe I'll come try to find you... :lol:

I have to drive an hour and a half farther than R-O but I can be there ready to ride by 9. If anyone from north county wants to go, PM me and we will carpool. I am not really a fire-road kind of guy, but as long as I get to bounce off a rock or cacti now and then I will be happy. :aggressive: Ken

I'm likin' the crew so far. I think I'll try and make it. And I haven't been out that way yet, so it would be a new trail with both old and new faces.

If the ride last, I will be back to ride 2pm ish.

Dang, looks like it'll be a good turnout. I'm still a little iffy whether or not I am going to be able to go. If I can't find a couple bolts at work tomorrow, I've somehow got to convince my girlfriend that lowe's and homedepot are part of a romantic evening so I can find those bolts and put my bike back together.

Dang, looks like it'll be a good turnout. I'm still a little iffy whether or not I am going to be able to go. If I can't find a couple bolts at work tomorrow, I've somehow got to convince my girlfriend that lowe's and homedepot are part of a romantic evening so I can find those bolts and put my bike back together.

Hah! If you can't convince your girlfriend that that is part of a romantic evening, perhaps you need to find yourself one who will think it is :aggressive: :lol::lol:;) .

Hah! If you can't convince your girlfriend that that is part of a romantic evening, perhaps you need to find yourself one who will think it is :aggressive: :lol::lol:;) .

If only life was THAT easy :D

*OFFICIAL EDIT* (Friday 12:21pm) <_<

Looks like possibly TEN on this ride so far:

Myself, Brian (Cousin), Scott (Friend), Siverson, Erick, Ozzy, FJCruisin, Bbq.will, dualsportdrz, Ride Orange.

Hey, what am I chopped liver? I think you can count on myself and Dirt Dame and uncount (is that a word?)

Ride-Orange for now. See you tomorrow. :friends: Ken

Hey, what am I chopped liver? I think you can count on myself and Dirt Dame and uncount (is that a word?)

Ride-Orange for now. See you tomorrow. :friends: Ken

My bad :unsure: You've been added along with Dirt Dame. 12 riders, this should be good =)

If anyone hasn't pm'd me with your Cell Phone #, please do. If you're not comfortable with that I completely understand, no worries.

BRING YOUR CAMERA'S PEOPLE!! <_<