kato

jul 16/17 idylwilld camp/ride

I plan on riding around Anza on Thursday (toro peak, coyote canyon, who knows) then camping on Thomas Mtn (yellow post) that night, and meeting Rob early Friday for some riding around Idyllwild/hemet. Checking if there is any interest for this weekday ride maybe?

Temps should be in the 80s maybe low 90s in Anza, and I would rate this ride intermediate (sand, rocks, some climbing, singletracks, u get the idea). Not big bike friendly but if you know what you re doing...

I ll be camping off the bike myself but if you want to stage/meet somewhere we can do that too. Rob and I are planning on being back home not too late on Friday.

I am planning on heading up early Friday morning. I live off the 79 and Butterfield stage rd, which is on the way if your coming up the 15 to the 79. i have a hitch rack only, but if someone has room for another bike I will gladly pitch in for gas.

Time wise, heading out and on the road around 630-7? Unless kato likes sleeping in.

This is going to be a cool ride, wish I could make it. Have a blast and bring home the pics.

This is going to be a cool ride, wish I could make it. Have a blast and bring home the pics.

Ditto

FYI for anyone interested. Friday morning. 7-730 circle K in Anza is where we are meeting up.

Passed by a pretty aggressive looking fire a few hours ago on lake henshaw, from the smoke it looked like some structure was burning, very close to the hideout..

You guys surviving the rain?

I'm more concerned about the lighting. There were some pretty severe thunderstorms over that area this morning.

All good thanks we left the general area yesterday, Alessandro trail though shiaaaat....

I rode the storms home this morning from norcounty, the part about the 15freeway wasnt fun!