Sign in to follow this  
Spaugh

Need Railroad ties

I know it's a long shot but I figured I would ask if anyone has any leads on railroad ties or similar treated wood. Thanks!

How many do you need? I'll be ripping out a play area in the back yard in 2 weeks and I should have at least 14 6" x 6" x 8' pressure treated timbers available. They've been used as a border between grass and rubber mulch. Haven't seen the bottom of them in 14 years. I'll inspect the bottoms to see how viable they are. PM me if you're interested.

I know it's a long shot but I figured I would ask if anyone has any leads on railroad ties or similar treated wood. Thanks!

A railroad parallels hwy 62 through Rice Valley on the way to the river. A boat load of railroad ties were replaced last year and the removed ties were left to rot in piles every ~1/4 mile next to the tracks.......you could head out there and grab as many as you want unless you need new/pristine ties......

I am interested in the 6x6 treated if it is still usable. I am just putting in stairs on some hills on my lot. The wood will keep each step from eroding. We have some big hills that are too steep to walk on. My steps need to be 8 or 9" high on one hill but the 6x6 treated posts would work nice for anot her hill that is not as steep. Please let me know what they look like once they come out.

Thanks hayseed, those are going to work.

Thanks bum, I emailed the Craigslist ad.