350thumper

Sun Jun/14 -Noob- Dualsport Ride..

Noob DualSport ride ... begginner friendly.

not a big bike ride . im taking a xt350 .

80 % dirt 20% street. must have a plated motorcycle.

the ride starts at 9am at the Pine Valley culdesac .

beginner level speeds no rough terrain

smooth dirt roads slow pace.

trying to organize an informal ride or meet up with people to ride with.

be packing water ..i will have some primative tools

there is a gas station on the route.

also there is a drinking fountain 1/2 way thru the ride .

there is also a burger stand near the end point of the ride.

and i garantee some of the most beautiful scenery of the forest.

Pine Creek - S-1 -THING VALLEY-Kitchen Creek.-Fred Canyon-Bear Valley Rd back to pine valley culdesac.

post-15687-0-06490800-1432865921_thumb.j

I'm in definitely good scenery hopefully Temps don't get too hot

I have this marked on my calendar. Always look forward to meeting new people and riding new places. I am definitely in as long as life doesn't get in the way.

I have this marked on my calendar. Always look forward to meeting new people and riding new places. I am definitely in as long as life doesn't get in the way.

Me too!

You can ride back roads out there, Miriam. I've done this route on my (prior) DR650 but will try to make this ride on the WR450 if life doesn't get in the way. One of my favorite loops.

You can ride back roads out there, Miriam. I've done this route on my (prior) DR650 but will try to make this ride on the WR450 if life doesn't get in the way. One of my favorite loops.

Suppose I decided to try-where is the Pine Valley cul de sac?

If we can't find a ride is someone's truck( hint hint ), I will ride with you through Alpine to Japitul Valley rd., through Descanso, Gautay, and into Pine Valley.

But I won't be coming off the 8, I'll be on Old 80 :bigeyed: So I'll turn right before Majors, go under the freeway and THEN look right,right?

If we can't find a ride is someone's truck( hint hint ), I will ride with you through Alpine to Japitul Valley rd., through Descanso, Gautay, and into Pine Valley.

I have an enclosed trailer that will fit 3 bikes(further hint, hint),otherwise that sounds great.

Japatul on a TW200 is terror on wheels...faster/funner to take Viejas Grade over. I'm lurking and can transport 2 others from Alpine if I join....

Japatul on a TW200 is terror on wheels...faster/funner to take Viejas Grade over. I'm lurking and can transport 2 others from Alpine if I join....

Totally forgot about Viejas Grade-I think I could figure out how to get back to Old 80....thinking of putting street tires on TW, btw

Hi Miriam- if you can make it to the Carl's jr on Tavern Rd

(Alpine) By 8:30 just throw yur bike in the back of my truck.. ive always got an extra set of tie downs back there... oops I didn't see the previous post from b.s.

Hi Miriam- if you can make it to the Carl's jr on Tavern Rd

(Alpine) By 8:30 just throw yur bike in the back of my truck.. ive always got an extra set of tie downs back there... oops I didn't see the previous post from b.s.

Bikeslut is only lurking. I am ready to commit. I'll be at Carl's Jr. at 8:15 Sunday.

If you do show up Bikeslut, I could use a ride. I'll play you a set of pocket billiards for gas money, what do ya say?

Glad to hear your back in the saddle Darren. Interested, though i ride a KLR. But i ride it like its small???

Do it. I'm no bikeslut and rode this on my DR650, as did my son on his DR. Spyder had his GS1150 but he's just a stud. Trickiest part is up the slightly rocky section on Pine Creek.

Miriam 8:15 @ Carl's works for me.

I rode this on a 610 1naAdv , if you ride it like its a smaller bike then your good. Ive watched a guy do it on a 990.

It would be great to have you . Like bike slut said I culd use a strong rider to help lead ..

Interested, though i ride a KLR. But i ride it like its small???

A KLR is fine for this stuff.