Sign in to follow this  
Spaugh

myer valley

Everytime I drop down to the desert via I8 I see trails off to the side of the freeway. This is the area just past mountain spring exit where its really rocky. I've noticed the roads off the side of the freeway a mile or two before you get down to the desert and want to go explore.

I can see that there are several miles of trails back there on satalite images. They are prabably going to be very difficult technical trails based on the terrain but you never know till you go and see. I've got the trails mapped out in google earth and loaded to my GPS.

First, has anyone ever been out to Myer valley?

Secondly and more importantly, does anyone want to go explore some advanced trails out there with me in the near future?

I'll prabably park out at mountain springs exit and ride the bike down the freeway a few miles and then pull off on the side and get on the trails. There is no turnoff, the trails just start right on the side of I8. My guess is only border patrol uses the trails.

I can send anyone a KMZ or KML file with the tracks if you aren't sure where I'm talking about.

How about next saturday?

I'm out of town for a while, but maybe on a Sunday, after i get back...

Have fun; be safe... I know; two different things, but try

there are a few more roads back there than just the one I've got mapped out in red and white on the other map...

Look at GE and check it out if you are interested. You can't beat the terrain out there.

myer_valley_out-1.jpg

myer_valley.jpg

I'm out of town for a while, but maybe on a Sunday, after i get back...

Have fun; be safe... I know; two different things, but try

if you wanna commit to sunday I will also commit to sunday. Right now I am just looking for a few brave men (or women) to come and check out the area. I have a feeling these trails are gonna be pretty good.

well; I'm more stupid than brave...

The Sunday I am referring to is 3 (three) away... don't change plans on account of me...

it'll still be there in a month...

Sundays are usually good for me too. I always like checking out new areas so whenever you decide you want to go I'll do my best to join you.

well, seeing that so much of the interesting places are restriced wilderness etc is very frustrating. Seems like such a waste. Only the 10 Greenies a year who want to hike 50 miles to see these places get to enjoy it. There are more illegal imigrants enjoying these places than US citizens. :D

There ARE trails out there that have been used recently. And there AREN't signs saying not to drive out there, SO.... I will still go out there and check it out and if I don't see anything saying not to be there I will proceed with caution.

If anyone is 100% in for Sat or Sun let me know and we'll plan on it. If it turns out that it is posted no go zone we can head down to the desert and check out some more of the places Alex and I went yesterday.

There ARE trails out there that have been used recently. And there AREN't signs saying not to drive out there, SO.... I will still go out there and check it out and if I don't see anything saying not to be there I will proceed with caution.

http://www.blm.gov/ca/.../jacumba.pdf

Wilderness Area = No Motorized or Mechanized Vehicles (that includes bicycles)

PM Sent

I recently tracked out a ride through that area on GE. When the group got out to Jacumba we saw the signs. It's Wilderness, it's posted, and it's very frustrating that you can't ride there. We even circled around to the Desert side to see if there was access and it's posted there too. You may be able to find a trail or two from I-8 but I guarantee it only goes a few hundred yards and ends either at a boulder wall or a no moto access sign.

Sorry, I'm as dissappointed as you are.

If you do go out there lemme know if you find anything interesting. PM is best :D

Jon

well the ride is off, didn't mean to stir any emotions. Thanks for pointing that out there 2Wheels :D

Mods may as well delete this thread...

Everytime I drop down to the desert via I8 I see trails off to the side of the freeway. This is the area just past mountain spring exit where its really rocky. I've noticed the roads off the side of the freeway a mile or two before you get down to the desert and want to go explore.

I can see that there are several miles of trails back there on satalite images. They are prabably going to be very difficult technical trails based on the terrain but you never know till you go and see. I've got the trails mapped out in google earth and loaded to my GPS.

First, has anyone ever been out to Myer valley?

Secondly and more importantly, does anyone want to go explore some advanced trails out there with me in the near future?

I'll prabably park out at mountain springs exit and ride the bike down the freeway a few miles and then pull off on the side and get on the trails. There is no turnoff, the trails just start right on the side of I8. My guess is only border patrol uses the trails.

I can send anyone a KMZ or KML file with the tracks if you aren't sure where I'm talking about.

How about next saturday?

Sunday looks better anyway cause of the rain just canceled our desert trip wives did'nt want to sit in the M.H. all day. Would be very interested in going out Sunnday if we can't find any trails off of 8 there is always Anza Borrego Park or ?