well if you sign up for the Idaho City ISDE qualifier you will ride trails like all day, or if you connect with "my People" in the PNW you can do the same.

possible that the rider is Rory Sullivan

that's a downhill leg burner for sure.

Appearantly the rider is Ben Baucum and a contributor to Dirt Rider magazine. He writes.

This is a clip from a spring ride in a popular recreation area roughly 45 miles west of Portland, Oregon. The top of the run flows through the typical Coast Range greenery and then disappears into a steep descent. The surrounding trees help to give the grade perspective. It is not the steepest slope in the area, but is nearly a relentless drop. During the downhill I focused on standing up, leaning back over the rear fender and providing consistent front/rear brake. Though the top layer of dirt was relatively dry, the base was wet so locking up either tire would have actually made me go faster.

I won't make it to the PNW this summer, but now I know where to look.

and Robert, my "local"area of choice has trails similar to that. I've posted a photo of my bike buried in a fern covered trail and fried my arms and legs descending a pass on Rincon Tr.

I may still be in Idaho later this summer though.