sandiegoland

2007 SDAR Rider Awards

Last year only one award was bestowed that I know of -- the Golden Doo-Hickey Award (for excellence in KLRdom). Since I gave it, I own it... and this year it's going to backhoedoc!!

He jumped right into SDAR and made some real positive contributions... including doing a Trail Maintenance day on his KLR! :)

backhoedoc

hearby receives the

2007 Golden Doo-Hickey Award

for Excellence in KLRdom.

=====

Alright folks... there's lots of well deserved riders out there this year. Let's hear your "award" and who earned it in 2007.

Make one up, own it, it doesn't cost anything... yet... :D

Oh, and let's keep it positive... ;)

I have to add one! :D

The 2007 Monkey Butt :) award for long distance riding on a small bike goes to KJ7687 . The term Pyro’ed will never be the same. KJ’ed is Hard Core! ;)

For riding 4 hours to ride 80+ miles with us and 4 hours home at 55mph. :D:D

Therefore KJ is entitled to the Monkey Butt Award and all benifets that go with it. Free water at all group events, head of line privileges at all bathrooms on group functions and the respect of all SDAR members. :(:D

I nominate Ka'wee for best entertainer of the year award, between his pic thread and the boob thread I always have a reason to smile :):D;)

All valid nominations... keep it positive huh?...

Although I think Hammer gives Kawee a run for Entertainer of the Year, I will nominate him for

"You Meet the Nicest People on a Honda" award...

Motobro for the

"Best Rider We Never Get To Ride With" :)

Ozzy for the

"We planned to meet you guys, but didn't" award ;)

Gunner for

"You want to take my beer, you better bring more than a roll of quarters in your fist" :D

Ozzy for the

"We planned to meet you guys, but didn't" award

"I" was there

I nominate anybody I rode with that ever assisted me in picking up or pushing or riding my bike when I got into "short leg syndrome" trouble out on the trail :D Thanks a bunch.

I nominate anybody I rode with that ever assisted me in picking up or pushing or riding my bike when I got into "short leg syndrome" trouble out on the trail :D Thanks a bunch.

We should have a "Best Boy/Boyscout" category for helping and such!

I would also like to nominate Papaalex for an entertainment award in the catagory of "most unexplainable crashes" for which I have either seen happen or the aftermath of (I am beginning to think maybe I am a bad luck charm for him). :D:D

All right then! Some good inputs. Looks like we have a theme regarding entertainment value!

Fortunately I survived another year without getting...

The Bounty Award - for the Best Picker-Upper!

:D

However you are still in the running for the fastest "fence removal award", and the longest "locked out of the truck with the engine running award" :D:D:D . Also you are the heads up winner of the "Perfect attendance" Joliet maintenance day award. I see you are a member of AARP, I didn't think they let you join at such a young age. Ken

On a serious note, I think carguy would be the hands-down winner of the "Promoting SDAR by organizing a trail of our own" award :D

Hammer should get two: "Entertainer of the Year" and "Most effecitvely hiding his real personality by over-using the cyber personality" awards. Oh yeah - "Most improved speller" too :D

Although I wasn't there, shouldn't KLRoger at least be nominated for the "Most unusual way to park your brand spankin' new Husky" award? :D

Coolest career move has to go to Honda Pilot :D

I second the "Fence Removal" and "You better bring something bigger than a piece of pipe to take away The Chief's Budweiser" awards :D