Sign in to follow this  
Crawdaddy

Mtn Bike/Dual Sport Combo

OK- so can we assume there will be a Noble canyon run on Sunday? I can leave a truck and trailer at the bottom for a shuttle... Big Laguna Loop, and the Big Cuyamaca Loops are good too, but I'm in no shape for that...

OK- so can we assume there will be a Noble canyon run on Sunday? I can leave a truck and trailer at the bottom for a shuttle... Big Laguna Loop, and the Big Cuyamaca Loops are good too, but I'm in no shape for that...

I'm sure the junior set will be making multiple runs down Noble on both Saturday/Sunday (if the shuttle sissy option is available)......I usually just ride down to the last point at which it crosses Pine Valley Rd. then ride back up Pine Valley (thereby blowing off all the rocky ledges/boulders near the bottom).......I wind up missing some cool stuff along the creek but it saves some time........whether I ride down it Sunday sorta depends on timing......may send Jarrett down while I help pack up camp.....

Reserved Spot #20 in the Meadow Loop of the Big Laguna Campground for the weekend of May 15-17 I screwed up.....I haven't canceled my reservation for spot #20 the 8th-10th yet.........if someone wants it you can have it......just flip me $37 (it cost me $47 but if I cancel it they'll charge me $10 anyway so I might as well pass it on to someone who wants it......if anyone wants it)

Last call - if anyone wants the camping spot THIS weekend let me know by 12pm TODAY otherwise I'm going to cancel and pocket the refund.......(FYI: Snaildarter will be in the ajoining camp site this weekend)

See some of you the weekend of the 15th-17th.......

As I PM'd. That's actually an good early catch on a Mom Day weekend plan. Now I can come up with some good BS how I rescheduled for the next weekend because of some Mother's Day plans I was thinking of blah blah blah... :lol:

Is there any quick fun place to take the dirt bike around there? I'm actually ride road and mountain bikes almost daily, so a weekend pedaling on the trails doesn't bother me. Just wondering what in close range in the Laguna Mtns.

I'm in for the 15-18, still in spot 21...

E

PS, for any mountain biker out there.. I'm getting ready to Craigslist an '06 XL SantaCruz Heckler frame with a Fox DHX 5.0 coil over shock on it, frame and rear triangle Powder Coated flat black. If you're interested, let me know.

Is there any quick fun place to take the dirt bike around there?

Most of the dirt stuff in that area is off limits to motorized vehicles......you can zip around Pine Valley Rd. (paved) and drop over to Pine Valley/Bear Valley Rd., Kernan, etc. if you want to head over to Corral Canyon.......I'll probably leave the bikes with motors at home and just hang with Kathy and the kids......if anything I *may* bring the 520 in case I need to run an errand...then I wouldn't have to unhook the truck from the toybox.....outside chance I might bring the Superhawk and go for a road ride with Kathy along Sunrise Hwy to Julian or (?)......we'll see.....

some VERY BAD people ride Noble on motorcycles, but a weekend day would be a very bad day to do that... If I brought a motorcycle, Kernan/Pine Valley is closest, and Pine Creek Road is actually fun. You can also ride Thing Valley, and Kitchen Creek. Los Huecas can be ridden for a short while (and the end comes up FAST... do not overcook corners... ask me how I know)

I'm in for dropping Nobel a couple of times. I like the trails up on top too, fun single track. You definitley have to pay the climbing price for the fun single track though.

I would love to try Nobel on a dirt bike, but I would hate to pay the price. I'll stick with my mtn bike. It would be cool to bring a motorcycle to enable a 1 man truck drop off for a Nobel shuttle. Maybe a non mountain biker can volunteer? :lol: there's Beer in it for you!

Kernan/Pine Valley is closest, and Pine Creek Road is actually fun. You can also ride Thing Valley, and Kitchen Creek. Los Huecas can be ridden for a short while....

Don't forget Deer Park road and of course, the infamous Bikeslutland area.

What flavor beer?

pomegranate/lime... there will also be extra fruit to squeeze in your beer... and splenda... and donuts if you want to dunk

It's getting to be that time of year again........Reserved Spot #20 in the Meadow Loop of the Big Laguna Campground for the weekend of May 15-17…..you and your family are welcome to join us with your road/mountain bikes and/or hiking boots and/or street licensed motorcycles……

Go here for more info on the area and a link to Gov. site to reserve a spot: http://www.recreation.gov/camping/Laguna_C...dex=CampingSpot

Better hurry – they book up fast……

Motorcycles or Mountain bikes……doesn’t matter…..my son has a hard time keeping the front tire on the ground :rolleyes::crazy:

JarrettWheelie.jpg

100_1298.jpg

Bump - only one month away........who's "in" with me, Schwinn and Erick

Here's the spot...

McCain Staging Area

Speaking of Erick.....saw your Noble/Shuttle meeting spot........I thought you were a racer not a shuttle pussy? :blink:;) ......that being said, Fat Daddy hasn't pedaled UP Pine Valley/Indian Creek to the top of Noble in many years.....

What are the dates again?

This thread has three pages of poop and banter. Can you put the dates and location in the title, subtitle or your first post?

What are the dates again?……

This thread has three pages of poop and banter. Can you put the dates and location in the title, subtitle or your first post?

It's getting to be that time of year again........Reserved Spot #20 in the Meadow Loop of the Big Laguna Campground for the weekend of May 15-17…..you and your family are welcome to join us with your road/mountain bikes and/or hiking boots and/or street licensed motorcycles……

Go here for more info on the area and a link to Gov. site to reserve a spot: http://www.recreation.gov/camping/Laguna_C...dex=CampingSpot

Better hurry – they book up fast……

Just looked at the calender and can't go next weekend due to DH race but I would love to go at another time . I have been wanting to do both places for a while . I have done Noble many times but never coral canyon . P.S. I am new to S.D. adventure riders would like to meet new people to ride with in the big trees most weekends . I ride DH MTB and Doulsport MC . would also like ride Isibella soon.

Just looked at the calender and can't go next weekend due to DH race but I would love to go at another time . I have been wanting to do both places for a while . I have done Noble many times but never coral canyon . P.S. I am new to S.D. adventure riders would like to meet new people to ride with in the big trees most weekends . I ride DH MTB and Doulsport MC . would also like ride Isibella soon.

Corral has two what I would call "downhill" runs... Kernan and Trail one to trail 2... the rest is rolling cross country, with lots of climbs

You can also ride Anderson Truck Trail on a downhill bike; I normally ride up that one too, but you won't want to do that if you are on a downhill rig. I ride an Intense Uzzi, so I am kind of middle ground...

post a mountain bike ride sometime

Bump - only one month away........who's "in" with me, Schwinn and Erick

I'm in! Looking forward to it...

Speaking of Erick.....saw your Noble/Shuttle meeting spot........I thought you were a racer not a shuttle pussy? :bb::good: ......that being said, Fat Daddy hasn't pedaled UP Pine Valley/Indian Creek to the top of Noble in many years.....

WHAT? B) Yep, bonafied shuttle pussy, climbing Noble is both pointless and no fun. :)

I screwed up.....I haven't canceled my reservation for spot #20 the 8th-10th yet.........if someone wants it you can have it......just flip me $37 (it cost me $47 but if I cancel it they'll charge me $10 anyway so I might as well pass it on to someone who wants it......if anyone wants it)

Last call - if anyone wants the camping spot THIS weekend let me know by 12pm TODAY otherwise I'm going to cancel and pocket the refund.......(FYI: Snaildarter will be in the ajoining camp site this weekend)

Bump - still a few spots in the shady loop area.......Meadow loop is now booked out......plenty of parking just outside of the campground if anyone is thinking about coming up for the day (must display ADV pass)........no ADV pass needed for registered vehicles at campsites......

Erick/Schwinn - see you guys Friday night......I'm trying to round up some mtn bikes.......I think my son is bringing two friends.....not sure if Kathy's son is coming or not.....we're also bringing the dogs......they enjoy swimming over in Big laguna Lake.......

Im out, Baseball tournaments for both boys. Or at least the boys are out :ph34r:

Im out, Baseball tournaments for both boys. Or at least the boys are out :ph34r:

Ah crap......are you and the Mrs. coming without the boys or are you bailing out?.......if you're bailing, maybe someone else will want your space......or did you already put in for a partial refund?

Just rechecked the calender and have this week end clear. I just booked space # 27 Shad loop . looking forward to meeting you all . will bring my KTM and DH bike I want to do it all . see ya friday don

things_go_bad.bmp

Just rechecked the calender and have this week end clear. I just booked space # 27 Shad loop . looking forward to meeting you all . will bring my KTM and DH bike I want to do it all . see ya friday don

I'm not bringing the KTMs......just teenagers, dogs and mtn bikes......I need to scrounge up a few decent mtn bikes if anyone has one to lend out for the weekend.....small frame (Kathy).....medium frames - Da Boyz