Bruce

Tecate / Coyote Cals / Mikes Sky Ranch Loop, April 10-12

For those wanting dinner at Coyote Cals on Friday night, we need to let Rick know how many he is feeding in advance. I recommend this. The food is good, and you don't have to get back on your bike to go into town. We have to give him a deposit in advance to cover his cost for the food. I'll take care of this. The meal is about $15 per person. Here is the list I have so far. If any of the maybe's want to change to "in", just let me know.

IN (I'll give Rick a deposit):

EricP, Haywood, Green250, OCMoto, Bruce

Maybe:

Afry, REV5, tvscum, beniflas, CL300CAPT

Yes, need to eat dinner. Please reserve mine.

Charlie

Alright Charlie! Last year we tried this but I believe you had a last minute flight for work.

If anyone has fuel issues, have no fear, I have a 4 gal tank w a 200 mile range. I may be able to spare some extra drops.

I just hope Bruce doesn't get too sauced again and end up in Mikes pool! JK. Never happened..... to him.

But I swear, if we get in a situation where I get nipple clamps on my nipples, I'm gonna laugh really hard!!!

I'd go but I can't find my passport. Think I could get by with my DL?

Charlie

Alright Charlie! Last year we tried this but I believe you had a last minute flight for work.

If anyone has fuel issues, have no fear, I have a 4 gal tank w a 200 mile range. I may be able to spare some extra drops.

I just hope Bruce doesn't get too sauced again and end up in Mikes pool! JK. Never happened..... to him.

But I swear, if we get in a situation where I get nipple clamps on my nipples, I'm gonna laugh really hard!!!

I was wondering how long it would be before nipple clamps re-entered the picture.

Charlie

ericp, you jinxed me bro!

Just heard our Thursday flight has changed to Friday! I'm trying to find someone to cover for me, so I'm NOT OUT just yet. I will advise once I know for sure.

I'm gonna be seriously bummed if I can't make it, I'm really looking forward to it.

Hopeful,

Charlie

Im definitely out due to the following weekend ride. Have to keep the peace at the home front. Have fun everyone and be safe. Cant wait to see photos and hear stories.

Beware who ever falls asleep with there shoes on. The clamps come out at night.

I'd go but I can't find my passport. Think I could get by with my DL?

Yes no problem without a passport. It's not required but it makes their job easier. If you have an old one that helps as they can type in your passport number instead of all your info.

Planning on making this trip, first time riding Baja. Can you experienced Baja guys can let me know if I need/forgot anything here. I ride a Husky TE449.

The bike holds 2.5 gallons and I can carry an extra 3/4 gallon in my MSR bottles.

Tools, spare tubes, patches.

Hydration pack.

Aside from riding gear, clothes, passport, what am I forgetting?

100+ mile gas range is best.

Get gas in Tecate, Ojos Negros, Santo Tomas, (not a bad idea to grab one gallon from Rick at Coyote Cal's for the start of day 2), Valle de Trinidad, Ojos or Sawmill/Ramona's depending on return route)

The AAA Auto Club map is pretty good (and free if you're a member) so pick one up if you can.

Provide your family/friends with your Spot/DeLorme info and come to the ride with some basic emergency contact info for the others in the group to use in case something does happen.

I like to carry/ride with a good light just in case you get stuck out at night (shouldn't be the case here).

I'd bring some toilet paper / environmentally friendly wipes and some imodium just in case.

Extra cash is always helpful

Cigarettes/old playboys/maxims can go a long way to appeasing rancheros or army guards (again, shouldn't be an issue)

Camera and a Smile - Baja is Epic!

I am out. Turns out my nipple clamps were just roach clips.

I've prepaid for six dinners at Cals. List is below. If anyone else wants to be added, just let me know.

EricP

Haywood

Bruce

OCMoto

Crusty

radwor

Weather looks perfect!

I'm out - seems my SE needs a little more work then I thought. Have fun!

20150407_210252.jpg

I'm so looking forward to this ride. Got the bike and gear all ready to go, been pretty useless at work lately.

Gonna be leaving from Costa Mesa 5:30 Friday morning. Got a trailer that fits 3 bikes, anyone going down from this area let me know if you need a ride.

post-15842-0-11371700-1428521017_thumb.j

Now THATS a set of bags. Is there a bike under there somewhere?

Think about this as you are driving down (in the dark) ......if we don't dawdle, 12 hours after you leave OC, you will be in Erendira having a beer overlooking the pacific and watching the whales go by.

Under no circumstance are you to park next to me. Your bike makes mine look like a POS.

Oh.....and be sure to take a before and after shot. So you can remember what your bike looked like before it was permanently coated in Baja dust.

Under no circumstance are you to park next to me. Your bike makes mine look like a POS.

Oh.....and be sure to take a before and after shot. So you can remember what your bike looked like before it was permanently coated in Baja dust.

He speaks the truth. (about the Baja dust)

Believe me, the bike looks better in pictures. I think you would call it a 10/40. Looks like a 10 from 40 ft away.

It's official, I'm OUT. Was unable to find anyone to cover for me Friday. I'm bummed....

You guys have fun, be safe and tip one or two back for me!

I look forward to the RR and awesome photos.

Charlie

Reminder:

We are meeting at the filling station on the US side of the Tecate boarder at 8:30 tomorrow morning, 4/10, ready to ride. The filling station is on the east side of the road, 200 yards from the boarder. There is only one in town, so you can't miss it.

There is a secure parking area immediately behind the filling station, and a couple places across the street. Take your pick. I, and a few others, will be at the one behind the filling station up on top of the hill. Old fat guy on an XR650.....I'm hard to miss. If you get there early, please join us.

At 8:30, we will ride down to the filling station in case there are any stragglers we need to pick up.

Other than ragnor.......everyone else remember your passport!

Here's a better view of the back pack. Not quite as big as it looks in the first pic.

Oh yes, the klim nac pak. I'm looking at buying one. I'll have to check yours out.

I have a Delorme messenger along with a fair amount of advanced first aid supplies so I'm hoping all should be well.

I will be helping Craig out by bringing a flask of tequila and some limes to help celibrate each and every break we take :)

This is going to be a great ride with great weather. I'm not sure if baja got any of the rain we did recently, which would help keep the dust down, but the weather is gonna be NIPPLE CLAMPING GREAT! And I CAN'T WAIT!!! WOOT WOOT.

BTW I'll be in a 2014 white f150 with a black drz400 for those I haven't meet yet.

"I will be helping Craig out by bringing a flask of tequila and some limes to help celibrate each and every break we take :)"

I'm not positive, but I don't think Craig needs help learning how to drink tequila. After 10 shots at Mikes on our last trip, I was convinced that it was not his first time.