Mikey777

2015 Ducati Multistrada

Okay...lets face it, I am a Duc guy. They are beautiful motorcycles. The 2015 Multistrada is coming out and it is a beast of a street machine/road touring bike. Kind of scary thinking about taking a $20,000-$25,000 bike off road and dumping the shiny nice red fairings onto decomposed granite, even with their crash bars installed. However, it looks like a few people actually dirt these things up. If it is primarily going to be a road touring bike with an occasional dirt fire road, why not? Soo much fun on the twisties and my gal might actually go on roadies with me.

Low ground clearance, obviously problematic for anything substantive. Parts...scary expensive. Maintenance...expensive, but not soo bad with the newer engines. Service intervals are few and far between.

post-15604-0-97427100-1425403964.jpg

post-15604-0-93760600-1425403976.jpg

post-15604-0-40875800-1425403981_thumb.j

post-15604-0-65220100-1425404450_thumb.j

I've been looking at the last generation (2010-14) to replace my 990. I find myself doing more and more street and dirt road type riding and the 990, while an awesome bike, isn't the best tool for that job.

Here's a good example of what I've been looking at: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1047167&highlight=multistrada

IMG_2061_zpsjwxiwjkw.jpg

I would love a 2015, but can't justify that amount of money for a motorcycle that will sit most of the time.

Nice bike and set up. That hard luggage is much better than the Duc man purses. If I were doing a long distance haul with some limited dirt roads, I would much rather be on that than a 990.

You Gentlemen, are speaking of Crimes against Machinery!!

:coolio:

Dirting a Multi is potentially a felony offense.

Bought the bike I posted above. So far it's been incredible in every way. The different modes are awesome.

IMG_2364_zpsxztr73rz.jpg

Ordered risers, footpegs, and a skidplate for it already. Tires still have a couple thousand left on them so I have some time to research new treads.

Post some pics when it is all set up.