Chad

Rugged Radios Complete MC Kit - Special Today 1 Hour Only (11-12 PST)

Just received and e-mail from Rugged... 5 Watt complete MC kit for $190. Available 1 hour only (11:00 - 12:00pm PST). Check link below or Rugged's webpage.

http://www.ruggedradios.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=763&products_id=1323&utm_source=Rugged+Consumers&utm_campaign=8058a9d493-R2R2_18_2015&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_29b332f7ed-8058a9d493-47244557

Just checked the website... Sale is over. They weren't kidding! Hope someone was able to take advantage...

Looks like it was $65 off. Is that a good price for this kit?

PMB? Others that use this equipment?

Yes, the kit is fine.

But.

Remember, I'm fussier than most. The pigtail on the Push To Talk button is the RCA style, and probably just fine. But most people I know are running the Nexus style connector, as are most of the PTT switches I've seen. That means you have a small selection of PTT options, and lack interchangeability with riding buddies that carry spares.

I'm sure it's unrelated to my singing, but my buddies never have any to lend when mine go bad, which, for some reason, seems to happen oftener and oftener. Hmm.

Nevertheless, it's a consideration. Further, the RR radio is a rebadged Baofeng for which they charge a premium. Oh, and it's blue.

Were I buying, I'd get the other kit mentioned in the Current Communications Thread elsewhere and buy the Baofeng on Amazon.

I have that exact setup. Rugged has it on sale every month or so, so if you don't need it now, I recommend standing by for the next sale (consider signing up for notifications). If you can pick it up for less than $200, it's a good deal.

I'm sure it's unrelated to my singing, but my buddies never have any to lend when mine go bad, which, for some reason, seems to happen oftener and oftener. Hmm.

Ha! :lmaosmiley: