Sign in to follow this  
BillP

ABDSP North - 12/7

Meet front of Tamarisk Grove CG 10:00. Plan to ride loop up Grapevine, Culp, maybe lunch in Borrego Springs. Ride some washes, head south to Buttes Pass and 78 back to start. Sand, rocks, slab -> Tools, tubes, air, water. I'm riding the bike out from Alpine. Anyone interested?

You will have a good loop, what with the water Grapevine and Jasper TT received. My bike is waiting on parts or I would have joined in the fun.

B

I am very interested - I'm on a GS but feel very comfortable in the sand, and most other terrain in anza borrego and ocotillo wells. Would you be OK with a big bike riding along? I was planning on doing black mountain to Mesa grande then across and down Grapevine and out into the desert, but if you are riding the other direction I would be happy to head that way. Let me know what you think.

I am very interested - I'm on a GS but feel very comfortable in the sand, and most other terrain in anza borrego and ocotillo wells. Would you be OK with a big bike riding along? I was planning on doing black mountain to Mesa grande then across and down Grapevine and out into the desert, but if you are riding the other direction I would be happy to head that way. Let me know what you think.

Sure, big bikes should be ok if you are comfortable with soft sand. Seen some big bikes sink in the soft stuff. Not sure what the condition of the washes but hoping they got a little rain. I'm flexible with the route and not in a hurry.

Sure, big bikes should be ok if you are comfortable with soft sand. Seen some big bikes sink in the soft stuff. Not sure what the condition of the washes but hoping they got a little rain. I'm flexible with the route and not in a hurry.

I was riding out there last weekend and felt pretty good. I'll be there at 10. PM me if you want my cell.

I was riding out there last weekend and felt pretty good. I'll be there at 10. PM me if you want my cell.

Cool - PM sent

Hi, interested, as I was planning on Ramona, Black mtn., hideout, culp, Grapevine, inspiration, etc... so any wander sounds good! Riding a drz 400. What time might you leave Alpine? Need a trailer ride, as I live near Grossmont College? Or, are you planning to ride Viejas-Boulder Creek, or Noble, Cuyamacas, Engineer, ...or any other wander, or just blaze out to Tamarisk? All Good. Thanks. PM as needed. John