unhuskyman

Big Bike Ride Sunday 9/28

So I wanted to repeat a ride put on by Arnie maybe a couple years back. Starting in Ramona, down to the desert, and back up to Ramona, following a nice mix of road and dirt. Last time there were tons of noobs on everything from Ktms, to triumphs and gs1200s. It was an overall good time. Perhaps Afry would like to help with planning? Looking to gauge interest, I will be riding sunday either way...

Noob friendly, big bike friendly, friendly guy friendly, just pretty damn friendly.

Thx for posting up. Good temps on Sunday and a good ride..........prior commitment so I can't ride but I'm sure you'll get some takers.

I might be in on this but it's opening weekend for lobster season. I can certainly suggest a route.

I will be in Ramona, but will work on the house.

Ride on Saturday to the Season opening BBQ in Escondido and later on down south.

I can work with a little longer lead time. Sorry.

There's already a ride forming up in Anza. Maybe you could tie that into your plans?

Hey guys,

Id like to meet at Packard at 8:00. Leave by 8:30. Route will be a mix of gravel, road and some sand. All of it big bike friendly. Arnie, if youre familiar with the route, I figure 6 hours? Down to borrego and back up.

Just depends on the pace the group wants to hold. I will ride fast or slow. A buddy and myself will have radios. No one will get dropped.

Vacant, Ian's(im also Ian) ride in anza will be a challenge at best om a big bike. I think hes out scouting single track. If you've ridden up there, you know a 1200 gsve wouldn't fit in...

Text or call if you have specific questions too!

858-527-2581

I'm going to ride my 990 tomorrow early but I don't have time to come all the way to you.

I would like to go on a ride out of Ramona, but I bet that I would only be able to ride for 2-3 hours. It's my first ride after tearing my rotator cuff. I tried to load a bike in the truck yesterday and couldn't get it in by self. But I could make it up to Ramona by 8 for breakfast, and ride for 2-3 hrs for there at 9:00. Is there a possible cut off at say 12:00?

I'm riding tomorrow but not on this one. When it looked like the start time moved back to 12:00 noon I committed to different ride.

Well, looks like things have fallen apart. Will start from ramona at 9:00 If anyone wants to tag along just let me know. I will just be riding with a friend otherwise. I will get in touch with Arnie about putting a bigger ride together soon...

If you text me I will probably see it quicker if youre wanting to join.