Brian Masters

Pine valley/long valley loop (noob friendly)

That looked like a fun ride. I wouldnt mind doing that the next time you guy's go.

One of my favorite loops. Thx for posting up. I would've joined in but was traveling. Next time.

Can you briefly describe the route? I keep seeing familiar places, but can't quite figure it out-

GPS tracks only showed Noble Canyon trail?

Love the route. Was the mine in Deer Park? Did you see the tar paper shack?

Bear Valley, Long Valley, Kitchen Creak, Fred Canyon, Thing Valley, Pine Mountain, Deer Park, Pine Creek.

This is a nice loop on hot days because faster speeds give you time to cool down and there is a lot of shade in Mt Laguna.

The Cascade Mine Is the most well known of the Noble Mines since you can ride right up to it.

If you take this loop make sure you add on the Desert Overlook. We skipped the desert view and Pine Mt sense this was supposed to be a 1 hour ride. I had a lot of fun, thanks for posting Brian

Ken

Tar paper shack???

Yes. I found it on Youtube last year. Remember where the old rock cabin once stood in Deer Park? (Can't believe they tore it down.) It's in that general area but on the opposite side of the road. It's a tiny, overgrown trail that dead ends at an old, broken down two-track wooden bridge. Shack is just beyond the bridge. Mine nearby.

I guess your talking about the trail across from the ore crusher

post-15013-0-49784300-1408474191.png

but I don't remember the shack... Guess I'll have to switch my Alpinestars for my hiking boots and go exploring

Bear Valley, Long Valley, Kitchen Creak, Fred Canyon, Thing Valley, Pine Mountain, Deer Park, Pine Creek.

This is a nice loop on hot days because faster speeds give you time to cool down and there is a lot of shade in Mt Laguna.

The Cascade Mine Is the most well known of the Noble Mines since you can ride right up to it.

If you take this loop make sure you add on the Desert Overlook. We skipped the desert view and Pine Mt sense this was supposed to be a 1 hour ride. I had a lot of fun, thanks for posting Brian

Ken

Ken, thanks. I love this kind of stuff. I guess I know where I'm riding soon!

I guess your talking about the trail across from the ore crusher

attachicon.gifcrusher.JPG_thumb.png

but I don't remember the shack... Guess I'll have to switch my Alpinestars for my hiking boots and go exploring

Yes, I believe so. We went up last night. It was beautiful.

post-15323-0-46193100-1408552564_thumb.j

post-15323-0-63215500-1408552605_thumb.j

post-15323-0-94842000-1408552662_thumb.j

post-15323-0-24775800-1408552689_thumb.j