Chief Gunner

She's fixed and the SM install is done!

Got her back yesterday, Motoworld took two weeks to get me a new CDI and fix a two wire connector.. :blink:

At least the extended warranty covered the cost......

I'm happy though! Hondapilot came by yesterday and we installed the SM kit, I just got back from a test ride... It's AWESOME! :lol:

128-2838_IMG.jpg

128-2837_IMG.jpg

Thanks Pilot (Jon) for your help.................IT"S TIME TO GO RIDE!!!!! :lol:;)

Super cool, glad you have her back. Now put the dirt wheels back on and lets meet in Ocotillo on Friday :blink: . Ken

Looks nice bro, like Ken said.

Dirt tires-Ocotillo-Friday-be there. :lol::blink:

Thank you guy's for the invite :blink: I would love to ride with you guys but I need to stick close to home....my wife is still pretty frail from her medical procedure she had done last Thursday and she's still "On the mend"....

Good news is that they did not have to open her chest up for a full on open heart surgery ( don't mean to gross you all out but we both will take that over her having to go through the whole open heart surgery for the 7th time).

They patched the hole in her heart using a piece of her femoral artery and went into the heart through her left armpit....pretty amazing stuff. It only took two hours and I cried like a baby with relief when the Doc's came into the ICU waiting room to tell me. Anyway... I'm good and she's hanging in there!

Pilot: Anytime you want to try the piggie out. C'mon over!

Thanks guys, God Bless you all and HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Aaron

Thank you guy's for the invite :lol: I would love to ride with you guys but I need to stick close to home....my wife is still pretty frail from her medical procedure she had done last Thursday and she's still "On the mend"....

Good news is that they did not have to open her chest up for a full on open heart surgery ( don't mean to gross you all out but we both will take that over her having to go through the whole open heart surgery for the 7th time).

They patched the hole in her heart using a piece of her femoral artery and went into the heart through her left armpit....pretty amazing stuff. It only took two hours and I cried like a baby with relief when the Doc's came into the ICU waiting room to tell me. Anyway... I'm good and she's hanging in there!

Pilot: Anytime you want to try the piggie out. C'mon over!

Thanks guys, God Bless you all and HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Aaron

Glad the surgery went well, and happy Thanksgiving to you and yours too. I guess we all have a lot to be thankful for. :blink: Ken

Thanks & Bless you my brother Ken!

Now I need to call & hope Bob a.k.a : The "Metal Twister" can let me pay for his services by letting me bring the bike over to his shop so he can cut 1 1/2" off of my kickstand and re-weld a piece of metal on the bottom of it so the pig won't tip over...... :blink::lol:

Throwing the 17's on the pig lowered it like an inch and a half.... so now the kickstnd is too tall :lol::D It wants to tip over to the right now when I kick the stand down.....

Got the brakes, the chain & the suspension figured out for this but forgot that....

Damn I'm Dumb! :D;)

Gunz

Thanks & Bless you my brother Ken!

Now I need to call & hope Bob a.k.a : The "Metal Twister" can let me pay for his services by letting me bring the bike over to his shop so he can cut 1 1/2" off of my kickstand and re-weld a piece of metal on the bottom of it so the pig won't tip over...... :blink::lol:

Throwing the 17's on the pig lowered it like an inch and a half.... so now the kickstnd is too tall :lol::D It wants to tip over to the right now when I kick the stand down.....

Got the brakes, the chain & the suspension figured out for this but forgot that....

Damn I'm Dumb! :D;)

Gunz

Bring the bike to casacarguy and we will make a kickstand that adjust for both types of riding, no charge!

When she is better. :D

:blink::lol: I'll carry the scar over the eye for awhile....now that the pig runs good again I don't feel like doing this to it anymore.... :lol:

127-2725_IMG_2.jpg

:blink::lol: I'll carry the scar over the eye for awhile....now that the pig runs good again I don't feel like doing this to it anymore.... :lol:

127-2725_IMG_2.jpg

hey bro glad to her your wife is doing well!!!! you'll have to let me know all the specifics on what you did to the bike i'm planning the same on the ol' DR650. btw happy turkey day.

Looks good Chief! Glad you got it all done, we'll have to go play in the twisties some time.

Also glad your wife did well in surgery! :blink:

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Yes, Happy Thanksgiving. I am going to go play in some twisties right now. :blink:

We're getting quite a few supermoto fans on this site now, we'll have to put together a fun day of tight twisties and fire roads.

Happy Thanksgiving, the tntmo family is packed up and heading to the dez for a weekend of riding.

Chickenheart; hey bro glad to her your wife is doing well!!!! you'll have to let me know all the specifics on what you did to the bike i'm planning the same on the ol' DR650. btw happy turkey day.

Ed, the package for the DR650 is like 1/2 of what it cost for the XR. Since they do not require custom hubs to fit the spacing correctly, and it does not come with the 320mm front rotor & caliper.

Not only that but I think you can stick with a stock sprocket and not have to change it like I did, The DR's have a rear 17" wheel to begin with if I remember correctly. (XR's are 18" / 21")

Here is a link to a wheel package for the DR650, It's the place I bought my SM kit. They can help you dial the big yellow Pig into an SM Beast :wacko:

http://www.motostrano.com/sudr650suwhp.html

Good Luck!

Chickenheart; hey bro glad to her your wife is doing well!!!! you'll have to let me know all the specifics on what you did to the bike i'm planning the same on the ol' DR650. btw happy turkey day.

Ed, the package for the DR650 is like 1/2 of what it cost for the XR. Since they do not require custom hubs to fit the spacing correctly, and it does not come with the 320mm front rotor & caliper.

Not only that but I think you can stick with a stock sprocket and not have to change it like I did, The DR's have a rear 17" wheel to begin with if I remember correctly. (XR's are 18" / 21")

Here is a link to a wheel package for the DR650, It's the place I bought my SM kit. They can help you dial the big yellow Pig into an SM Beast :wacko:

http://www.motostrano.com/sudr650suwhp.html

Good Luck!

thanks Gunz, I'll put it on my x-mas wish list if not it will have to wait till those taxes come back lol. been trying to convince the wife it will save on gas.

ed