vanjoosten

Memorial Day Ride in Ramona

Heading up to Packards at 8:30 if anyone is interested in some dirt tomorrow morning... I'll be on a DRZ400 and route is very flexible.

I wish....

But I'll be working...

Have fun Homie!

Pullover!

Should have met me for a ride today! You could have watched me struggle with my pinch flat.... I need more practice

I've changed a flat on a Tiger once- that tire isno jokefor a trailside repair

Pullover!

Should have met me for a ride today! You could have watched me struggle with my pinch flat.... I need more practice

...and who is always preaching to you to change your own tires so you can learn how to do it on the trail...???

Knock wood! I've never had a flat, have always run the ultra heavy duty tubes. So far so good. Changing one by hand in my garage is not easy, must be a real pain on the trail. Did I ever show you the little monopod used to hold the bike up, Kato turned me onto it. Hope I don't need it anytime soon. Going to McCain with hodnettjj tomorrow! Been too long since I've been out on a ride. Let's hook up soon so I can return you pullover.

I passed three dualsport riders coming down the 78 grade as I was heading up yesterday around ~5:30ish(?) in my truck (blue Dodge RAM) :bigeyed: .....might've been you clowns? :coolio: I plan on getting out for a few/local sunset rides after work now that the days are long :smile_anim:

I was out that direction and up around Julian in my little gray Mazda Miata yesterday. Saw a few dual sports running around.

I passed three dualsport riders coming down the 78 grade as I was heading up yesterday around ~5:30ish(?) in my truck (blue Dodge RAM) :bigeyed: .....might've been you clowns? :coolio: I plan on getting out for a few/local sunset rides after work now that the days are long :smile_anim:

If you saw a black KTM, an orange KTM and an old beat up red XR, that was Sneeker and Co. We did a circumnavigation of the Palomars from Vista; via San Marcos dirt, Rainbow dirt, secret Temecula stuff, Palomar Divide trail, hit the Stagecoach and Hideout watering holes on the way, down Black Canyon, 78 (5:30ish), and finished up with an unofficial recon of the Cocos Fire burn area. That burn was less extensive than I'd imagined, no burnt structures evident. But the tractor crews cutting fire lines F***ed things up way worse than the fire did, totally obliterated the trails, at least between Elfin Forest Rec Reserve, Franks Peak and San Elijo Hills. I didn't get to see the damage north of there tho, that's where the houses are.