Sign in to follow this  
pyro

Exploring in the Anza Borrego

We had a great local ride out there today. It was xr650l bum, Joe, Sandiegoland and myself. We took off from Ramona around 9ish and headed for the desert. Craig was testing his new tires on the pavement, so we were down to three riders heading south on S2.

We couldn't have asked for better weather out there. The breeze helped keep the dust out of everyone's face. Destination? Well, who cares about that, we're due to have some fun and check things out ! Here's some pics====>

IMG_0448.jpg

IMG_0447.jpg

IMG_0436.jpg

IMG_0431.jpg

IMG_0441.jpg

IMG_0449.jpg

IMG_0446.jpg

IMG_0445.jpg

IMG_0432.jpg

IMG_0438.jpg

IMG_0439.jpg

Awesome ! ! !

RIDE ON AMIGOS ! :blum3:

Where are those mud caves? :lol: Why, we stole 'em and put 'em over in our post on Joliets, Papaalexs and my October Sand ride. :blum3: :lol::lol:

Oh, I almost forgot. I've been working on my pyro-parking, and I think I have perfected my new technique====>

IMG_0443-1.jpg

:blum3: :lol::lol::lol::D

Destination? Never made it anywhere! It was beautiful wheather for riding today. Started in Ramona, flat at Julien, down to Ocotillo. Just exploring all the way. Would of been nice to hit Canyon Nombre back the Klr's decided to take the easy way home. I bet you guys got wet! After a little sight seeing, I hauled ars back to Ramona just missing the rain. Always nice to see Pyro, Sdland. Good meeting you Joe. Just tell your dad that he put all those scratches on the KlR.

Oh, I almost forgot. I've been working on my pyro-parking, and I think I have perfected my new technique====>

:D:D:D:D:D

Yeah, anybody can park on a li'l rock, but when will you perfect KLrodgers technique of parking a KL on its head? :D:rolleyes::lol:;)

Mud Caves.....

. in your last pic , turn right, and take the trail just left of the diablo drop off trail. might be "arroyo tapiado" but dont bet a days ride on it..go till theres a sharp right uphill slope and take the sand wash to the left..and start looking for small openings in the cliffs off to the right. or on the left if you turned around and headed back the way you came in because it is a dead end wash

j20ex4.jpg

j19uf3.jpg

j18fb0.jpg

j17gb8.jpg

Carguy exploring in above pic, he had his gps thingy on , so he might still have it ???

You've heard of a Joe-Hauler? :rolleyes:

This is a Joe-Stand! :lol:

I learned a lot from this ride.

Sand hates me and like to pick me and toss me in the bush..

I had fun and i will do it again, again and again.

It was great to meet a few from this board.

post-2482-1194885436_thumb.jpg