Mikey777

Boulder Creek/Eagle Peak Road

38 degrees, stingin' rain, big fat rain, and hail. Still a beautiful day to ride.

post-15604-0-14738000-1398553943_thumb.j

Glad you made it safely. I sure love when the mountains are all cloudy and mystical like that!!

One would imagine the sliding on Boulder Creek would have been a good time with the wet. Sometimes the best time riding is when no-one else is out.

When I seen the hail coming down 15 min. after the time you left, I was really glad I wasn't on the trail with you.

Was the gate open to allow you through Cedar Creek and up to Eagle Peak Rd.?

-BobĀ³

Yea...the gate was open. Sun cleared a bit for that section too with the lower altitude. Got nasty again on the way back. Saw some deer and got chased by a peacock. Was glad to turn the heater on in my truck after the ride. It was cold!!!

I ended up doing that route this past Monday. I'm not too fond of the wide gravel sections; always worrying about oncoming traffic. But that stretch between the gates was a blast, especially going south.

Especially the whoop-de-doo's near the Cedar gate going back to Three Sisters.

Was running part of this route today and came across this between Cedar Creek Falls trail and Three Sisters trail...

20140502_104020_zps1y9iel1z.jpg

I couldn't get around it on the 950 so I flipped a bitch and headed home...still had fun.

Was running part of this route today and came across this between Cedar Creek Falls trail and Three Sisters trail...

20140502_104020_zps1y9iel1z.jpg

I couldn't get around it on the 950 so I flipped a bitch and headed home...still had fun.

Wow! The winds, huh? I read that they had 100mph+ gusts. Monday was perfect.

We should scrounge up a crew and cut that out.

We should scrounge up a crew and cut that out.

I thought about that. But on the way out I came across a US Forest Service Firefighter who was posted up on Boulder Creek in a brush rig because of the Santa Ana winds and i told him about it. Hopefully it gets passed on to the right people.