Are we putting one together? Count me in for help or just use the old route, its still fun. :)

I'll try to make myself available to pre-run/lay down GPS tracks/man the lap-top at the check-in table so we can load Garmin GPS folks up with tracks in addition to roll charts.....

Count me in, I will be looking for any excuse I can to get out and ride :) . Ken

Hmm.. I've been looking forward to this ride since I read about last year's! Hopefully I'll be healed up and the doctor will let me back on the bike by then....

As Uncle Cam said, the date is February 23-24th, 2008.

The flyer will be available on the SDAR link later this month. It is also coming out in the D37 AMA Dualsport newsletter later this month.

I appreciate all your offers for help, and will be taking you up on your offers :)

Same starting place....Butterfield Ranch RV Park on Hwy. S2

unfortunatly i'll mot be able to rides saturdays for the next year but am willing to come help out any way you need i'll even put the kids to work.

ed

Guest Hammerin Hammon

This was my favorite ride last year. I love this ride because you dont realy have to wait for anybody :lol: .Just follow the roll chart.

I am going to start late and ride as fast as I want! All day long. I cant wait. ;):D

Just uploaded the flyer, check the events page, you should be able to download it, print it out and sign up. We keep maxing out the number of riders on this, so sign up early :D

Nice flyer....but I already sent in my check/entry using the blue flyer from the D37 Newsletter :D:D:):D:D:D

Looking forward to the ride.....

Looking forward to the ride.....

Not sure everyone has seen these pictures/cool video a couple of guys threw together after the 07 Dash.....good representative photo's of some of the area and the video clip is a hoot.

Guest Hammerin Hammon

Sent the flyer with my check at about 12:00 last night.

I am not waiting till the last minute like last year. (I think I was # 74 or75) I Reserved a log cabin at Butterfield Ranch also.

My wife Cristina, and I will be there at around noon Friday, the 22nd.She didnt ride last year but liked the Ranch, and the people there were so nice we have been looking forward to a spending the weekend there.

Cant wait, Craig.

I'm so there. Be there on my new DR 435, that's tntmo's old DR 435.

Can't wait, have not done the Desert Dash and hear it is one of the best rides around.

I'm so there. Be there on my new DR 435, that's tntmo's old DR 435.

Can't wait, have not done the Desert Dash and hear it is one of the best rides around.

I miss my DR already....can I buy it back???

As soon as my deployment schedule is ironed out I'll be in, it's looking good so far. I have room for one more in the luxurious 1982 Tioga, so if anyone doesn't want to tent it let me know. Three way split on expenses.

Okay - the doc gave me the thumbs up to ride yesterday, so I'm hoping I'll be back in shape in two months for the ride. I'M IN!!! Sent off my check today! :D

I'm probably going to pull the toyhauler out there - easiest way to go, and I'll be solo if others want to split the cost of the RV site (website says $25/night) and/or gas out (I'm coming from San Marcos). It's got 3 full beds plus the couch and dinette fold down for 2 more.

Okay - the doc gave me the thumbs up to ride yesterday, so I'm hoping I'll be back in shape in two months for the ride. I'M IN!!! Sent off my check today! :D

I'm probably going to pull the toyhauler out there - easiest way to go, and I'll be solo if others want to split the cost of the RV site (website says $25/night) and/or gas out (I'm coming from San Marcos). It's got 3 full beds plus the couch and dinette fold down for 2 more.

I have already booked a room at the Schwinn Inn. It would be nice to get all of us close together to share fire and war stories. :lol: Ken

It would be nice to get all of us close together to share fire and war stories. :D Ken

It would be a good idea - corral the wagons like the desert trips!!!

Anyone in the past had luck with getting the reservations grouped at the campground? Probably just a phone call...

I'm thinking I may just ride one day and do the Pinyon Mtn rd etc.

Will still probably bring the Toy Hauler out and camp in the Little Blair valley for the weend though.

It would be nice to get all of us close together to share fire and war stories. :D Ken

Anyone in the past had luck with getting the reservations grouped at the campground? Probably just a phone call...

Good idea to call and make a reservation but no need to do anything beyond that because it's a "first come/first served" deal in terms of which site you snag once you pull in......they don't care.

I pulled my Toybox out there last year and rolled up/through sites 91/69 (easy in/out on the end of the row and short walk by the cabins/huts to the check in area).....I'll probably do the same this year since most folks will be congregated in the hut/cabin/full hook-up area......I plan on being out there by mid afternoon on Friday.

My plan may change if my gal-pal and her son (or any of my daughters) want to go/ride the quads that weekend......if that's the case I'll probabaly cancel my Butterfield reservations and opt to stay over in Blair Valley with Daryl so Kathy and the kiddos can ride the quads while my son and I ride the bikes....we'll see....

I attached a Butterfield site map FYI.

Butterfield_Site_Map_Jan2007.pdf

Good idea to call and make a reservation but no need to do anything beyond that because it's a "first come/first served" deal in terms of which site you snag once you pull in......they don't care.

I pulled my Toybox out there last year and rolled up/through sites 91/69 (easy in/out on the end of the row and short walk by the cabins/huts to the check in area).....I'll probably do the same this year since most folks will be congregated in the hut/cabin/full hook-up area......I plan on being out there by mid afternoon on Friday.

My plan may change if my gal-pal and her son (or any of my daughters) want to go/ride the quads that weekend......if that's the case I'll probabaly cancel my Butterfield reservations and opt to stay over in Blair Valley with Daryl so Kathy and the kiddos can ride the quads while my son and I ride the bikes....we'll see....

I attached a Butterfield site map FYI.

Quads in Blair Valley? If that's what you mean, that's a no-no... street legal vehicles only.

If I go, I'll probably stay in Ocotillo for just that reason... let the kids ride while I'm out and about.

Quads in Blair Valley? If that's what you mean, that's a no-no... street legal vehicles only.

If I go, I'll probably stay in Ocotillo for just that reason... let the kids ride while I'm out and about.

Oh :D:D:lol: I've never camped/ridden over there.....didn't know it was off limits to non street legal vehicles :lol:......then it's an easy fix......they're OUT :P .......I'll be staying at Butterfield :D:D ......Daddy's entitled to non-family weekend once in a while :D