Sign in to follow this  
TrophyHunter

Fun Bike Center

Just a quick note to say thanks to Randy and all who foster a good relationship with local shops. I've had good luck with FBC having a riding suit in for an ADV guy a month or so ago and a Leatt 5.5 Pro HD in stock for me today. The member discount was given on both occasions without question.

Good to know, thanks for passing it on.

I've used FBC a few times for parts. Their prices are comparable to online prices when you factor in shipping. I usually support them with my OEM parts business. Haven't bought a bike from them though.

Yeah - they're crazy high with their new bike prices. But knowing that, I just beat 'em up with reality. Bought my Strom and my step daughters quad there. Be ready to negotiate but you can get the price you want.

I even bought an SV650 after negotiating, rode it home and realized I should've bought the Strom. They unwound the SV deal and I got the Strom at the same percentage off.

I usually use my standby "bad breath is better than no breath" ........ :torch:

I bought through them on one of the FBC deals and had a good experience though the internet response for sales was a little delayed, but the staff and F&I personnel were very friendly. I got out of there for less than the asking price at another dealer and that was with the extended warranty. It was only about 7 months later that I was contacted in regards to a class action suit against them for some financing misappropriations that I have disregarded. Got to love lawyer cash grabs at quality companies. I otherwise had no problems, a good experience.

Motoworld vs Veys El Cajon vs Fun Bike Center

Since I have the front apart on the DR, I figured I'd get a new speedo bulb as mine had taken a vacation and not come back. I had to get some fuel line for the new tank and stopped at MW. Although they're not a Suzuki shop, I asked if they could try to cross match the bulb - figuring bulbs can't be solely used by one moto manufacturer. "Nothing we have will fit"....didn't even try.

Off to Veys - "nope, we don't have it in stock, you should be able to find that bulb anywhere"......uhm except there I guess.

Fun Bike Center is close to my office so I stopped by - they sell Suzuki's afterall. Nope, not in stock. Henry at the parts counter "let's see if we can match the 1.7W wedge base with somebody elses"......bingo. A Honda part number crossed over and the bulb fit when I got home. I called back to thank Henry.

I know it's down to the individual, but it's nice to find somebody interested in helping.

SO wait was it MW or FBC tha helped you out? I think you mis typed your post somewhere.