i-3JqxmCT-L.jpg

The man with a plan,,,A Big Plan

i-NWvDDD7-L.jpg

In an effort to find Damp Soil - The Vic and I met in Julian and headed down to Tamarisk Grove CG. Although Wet in Julian, we could smell the drying sand as we descended to the Dez Floor. We had a report that there was Zero moisture as far out as Supersition. Desperate,,,,to ride wet sand, I found myself hyperventilating as the sand smooth wet sand seemed to be slipping through my mental fingers as The Vic and I drove to lower elevations. Glad to see that Sand was Flowing in Grapevine Canyon, we parked and loaded at Tamarisk Grove CG. Glad to see you, yes whatever, Let's hit the Sand. Desperate to find the dustless-ness we set off

west up Grapevine Canyon. Idling through the Free Camp Zone, Finally,,,,Delightful, Heavy, Cool Damp-ness..

Well, the rain fell as low as Grapevine Canyon but Not as low as the Low Dez. The Two Track had not been wiped clean as a billiard table,, But we had fun.

Stretched the ride over to Mine Wash after Jasper and Little Culp. OK, wrap it with a bow. Thanks for the effort Vic.

i-g9dgSDG-L.jpg

thanks for the report, wish I was out in the "dry stuff". :good:

Just about anything beats out the Dentist chair.

Today was awesome even w/o having the rain we had hoped for. Better get it asap; by this weekend it will be back to bone dry again.

Bags was the guide today. He pointed the way and I followed..

post-14596-0-43803200-1393907084_thumb.j

We rode some of this...

post-14596-0-17538800-1393907143_thumb.j

...and some of this...

post-14596-0-87468700-1393907220_thumb.j

I did not follow him up here.

post-14596-0-71733900-1393907275_thumb.j

TrailMaster Dave

post-14596-0-48353700-1393907352_thumb.j

You were riding your KTM's I was riding a dentist chair today, who had the better deal?

CiD

The denti$t

Now I can retire and Sell Cars!

Mmmm, It is a sick-ness.

CID, The MT21 works well for me in the Dez / Dualsport mode. I like the FIM Pro for technical assault firm ground but not as good in deep sand. Your advice on the problems of a 43 Trials are valid. Not a tire to lean over on hardpack.

I use the 130 profile on the 350.

Vic,

Per our discussion on suspension set-up.

Using a Slavens 7.6kg straight wound rear spring with all my saddle bag gear. Producing 40mm and 110mm with 8mm pre-load.

Race-Tech, not the Progressive I spoke off at front. With the oversized tank their calculator recommends .484kg, I used the .46kg

Good Run Monday, take care.

Dave

No joke; I just spent 6 straight hours of sorting through gear between Cycle Gear and REI. And now you drop this on me.....

I can't handle any more numbers right now.

Thanks for the info. I'll have to bang away at the rates tomorrow and see what I come up with for the additional weight.

This is a way out there question but, what are your plans for that gear you brought out for me to check sizing with???? Just wondering...

"This is a way out there question but, what are your plans for that gear you brought out for me to check sizing with???? Just wondering.."

There is a Thread here somewhere on that subject.

I have a hard time deciding if I really want to sell the kit. But happy to work with you if interested.

http://dualsport-sd.com/forums/index.php?/topic/17346-rev-it-adventure-riding-suit/