Ken S

How do i get a green sticker for a red sticker bike

I bought a 2014 RMZ 450. I added a spark arrestor.

Is there anyway to green sticker it?

What's the difference between green and red bikes besides the spark arrestor?

I don't think so. It all has to do with the VIN assigned to your bike. You can blame it on California EPA BS.

That is correct. It is all VIN controlled, numbers and letters have to match emission approved models. All 2003 and newer two strokes and any four stroke that doesn't have an OEM EPA sticker attached to it can't get a green sticker. I bought a 2003 Kawasaki KDX, 2005 KTM EXC and a 2011 Hussqvarna WR300, all which came with fairly quiet spark arrestors on them, all designed for cross country and trail riding, but none could have a green sticker.

It's not even really about the emissions...its about the manufacturer going through the time and expense to get it approved

A motocross bike, like your RMZ, is usually used for closed course use, and CA has their own laws, while well-intentioned, are ludicrous in practice.

It's a bummer, but the reason I got a DRZ (and the plate to explore ABDSP)

Register it in Arizona for street legal that's what I did with my ktm super easy just call a zag registration place give them an Arizona address and send them the title in two weeks street legal