With all the rain that's coming in on Friday an Saturday I was wondering if any body wanted to try and run the trails in Ramona with me on Saturday or Sunday.

Possibly - which trails?

FYI - USFS may be locking a few gates for this "winter storm".

Black mountain, Santa ysabel, lusardi I'm hoping that the gate aren't going to be locked.

I would be down for this. I've never ridden we pavement with my D606. But I would plan on ridding up from Oceanside if anyone wants to ride with me. Saturday works best for me.

Black mountain, Santa ysabel, lusardi I'm hoping that the gate aren't going to be locked.

Sounds good, Lusardi is most likely to be locked but worth a try - I'd like to hit the others then run up to the Hideout for a beer and a chili dog. Sat or Sun is good it's just water...... Meet at Packard's @ ?

I'll be on the 525

I like Sunday on knobbies from Tierrasanta, but I'll do the Hideout any day!

I'll go both Saturday and Sunday. Packard sounds good to me anytime will do. I'm coming from Poway so it doesn't take me much time to get into Ramona. There is a nice sprinkle (down pour by CA standards) coming down right now I'm almost tempted to jump on the bike and head up there.

Hey Molson, if you want to hit it today for a couple hours, I'm down for it? We could meet around noon?

Unfortunately the masonry guys showed up so im stuck here till thay leave. Im still game for sat and sunday.

Just got back from a ride. All trails off Pamo Rd. are closed. I doubt they will be open this weekend. I think the desert is going to be the best bet for riding this weekend.

I have no idea where any of these places are that y'all are talking about but if you don't mind me tagging along I'll join you guys anytime this weekend. First weekend I've had off in over a month (so of course it's going to rain) and a little rain isn't going to keep me from ridding.

Just got back from a ride. All trails off Pamo Rd. are closed. I doubt they will be open this weekend. I think the desert is going to be the best bet for riding this weekend.

They can close Santa Ysabel TT ? Is there a gate at the bottom at Pamo Rd?

That sucks that those trails are locked. Hay Orical seeing as you live in ramona do ou know if the El Capitan truck trail is closed all so. It is starting to sound like a desert day or maby a putting around town looking for puddles lol.

TVScum, yes, there is a gate at both ends actually...

Yesterday, after I discovered everything closed off Pamo, I took Black Canyon from the west end (Magnolia) over to check the east end of SYTT and it was closed as well.

I bet the gates will stay closed for at least a week (my experience). Open gates quickly turn into truck mud bogs (ie Bear Valley Rd) and thus requires eventual grading ($).

Molson, I'm 95% certain El Cap is closed regardless of weather.

Dez will be the spot for sure this weekend. I might post a Sunday Ocotillo ride.

I would be up to ride Sunday or Saturday afternoon. Even the desert would be fun...

I'm good for a little Sunday action. No gates if we go Black Canyon to Lost Valley/Cooper Cienga to Anza for burritos then back almost the same way stopping at the Hideout? Same way cause I'm sure Palomar Divide gates will be locked.

I'm nearly certain that there are fire service gates along the Lost Valley/Cooper Cienga trail. I can think of two locations where IIRC, they exist.

I'm not in any way trying to Rain on anybody's parade.. just trying to give a heads up. It's Federal Forest so it'll be patrolled just like the trails around Ramona.

Okay, couldn't we just meet at Packards on Sunday morning around 9am. Slam up Black Canyon to Mesa Grande, and hit Hideout before 10am for a beer buzz, then left on 79 toward San Felipe Rd, and make our way toward Grapevine, and keep going south across Banner Grade, and make our way up to Great Southerm Overslut Stage route (or is it Rodriguez?), and eventually up at Mason Valley Scum trail to Sunrise Hwy, back to Engineer Rd. and wrap to Boulder Creek, up the Eagle Peak Rd. to sublime Pine Hills Rd, and land at Wynola Pizza (where they serve Arrogant Bastard) and then back down to Ramona? Cheers might be wet by then.

Afry would have to lead because I am a bit clue-less.

I'm nearly certain that there are fire service gates along the Lost Valley/Cooper Cienga trail. I can think of two locations where IIRC, they exist.

I'm not in any way trying to Rain on anybody's parade.. just trying to give a heads up. It's Federal Forest so it'll be patrolled just like the trails around Ramona.

Not doubting you but I'm blanking out on where those gates could be? I know there are gates at the campground and gates on the spur trail to Stone Ridge by Sunshine Summit but they dont block the trail. i won't go around any gates so no worries there. Some of that is USFS, indian reservation and some is BLM - it's a mix out there.

Okay, couldn't we just meet at Packards on Sunday morning around 9am. Slam up Black Canyon to Mesa Grande, and hit Hideout before 10am for a beer buzz, then left on 79 toward San Felipe Rd, and make our way toward Grapevine, and keep going south across Banner Grade, and make our way up to Great Southerm Overslut Stage route (or is it Rodriguez?), and eventually up at Mason Valley Scum trail to Sunrise Hwy, back to Engineer Rd. and wrap to Boulder Creek, up the Eagle Peak Rd. to sublime Pine Hills Rd, and land at Wynola Pizza (where they serve Arrogant Bastard) and then back down to Ramona? Cheers might be wet by then.

Afry would have to lead because I am a bit clue-less.

Great plan but the Hideout opens at 11 - don't ask me how I know....too early for beer so we can ride on by.

Just do it in reverse then....whala

BTW, I'm out because I have the kids all day and no one to watch them....