Hawkeyenfo

Newbie moving to Mt Helix / La Mesa

Hey everyone! Moving down from Ventura County in a couple weeks. Got wind of the group from Shooby (thanks!) and am looking forward to riding around San Diego and east. Bringing a few bikes down: 05.5 950 Adv, '97 ATK 605 (street legal) and a '82 CR480. Love all kinds of riding from single track to desert to mx tracks. I'll be watching the board for upcoming rides and opportunities to meet up. Thanks! Chris

Hey everyone! Moving down from Ventura County in a couple weeks. Got wind of the group from Shooby (thanks!) and am looking forward to riding around San Diego and east. Bringing a few bikes down: 05.5 950 Adv, '97 ATK 605 (street legal) and a '82 CR480. Love all kinds of riding from single track to desert to mx tracks. I'll be watching the board for upcoming rides and opportunities to meet up. Thanks! Chris

you are 30 miles from the nearest dirt area (pine valley/bear valley road)

5 miles from the twisties (hiway 94)

15 miles from the beach

60 miles from the desert...

Nice Location...watch for some rides, or post one of your own

Welcome to the group, sounds like you have some good machines. See you on the trail.

Hi Chris, Welcome to La Mesa. Don't post about LM on a public forum, the secret will get out!

When you get settled, I will meet you downtown LM for a cup o java with a map.

Dave

Welcome aboard and I'd take Dave up on the coffee / map meetup. Just a bit east of ya in Rancho SD. Good selection of bikes to cover all the rides that happen here.

Well.....we made it! Ok, 1/2 way made it. Movers come tomorrow to unload everything. While we're going to miss all of our friends in Ventura County, we are definitely looking forward to meeting new friends down here! On e the house gets semi-organized, it's time ride!

Good luck with the settling in and post up or join in when the dust settles.

Welcome Aboard, I am close to you in Santee. Maybe once you get settled in we can get a ride together than end at Johnny B's in La Mesa for one of the best steak+egg's breakfast in S.D. (also great Mimosa's)

Chris

Thanks Chris and Ken, looking forward to riding again! We should have a dent in the work by the weekend. Maybe in a week or so a ride would be much needed therapy!

Ok, finally through the first round of boxes! Got the 950 in the garage, found the helmet, and ready to go! Would love to get together with some of you in the near future, even if just for coffee and bs'n :)

Chris

This is SDAR.

We don't BS.

We take ourselves very, very seriously.