Sign in to follow this  
Crawdaddy

Rally Diabolico

This will be a true mini-dakar event with some "HP" - cross country navigation. Crawdaddy, its in North America but will take place near Puerto Penasco, Mexico south of Arizona.

PressRelease-B-19Oct2013.jpg

bernie2073x800.jpg

P1010391ss_x1024.jpg

Rally type events are becoming every popular... 2k is pricy... but for obvious reasons. CD, we need some local CORE events to practice. :coolio:

Rally type events are becoming every popular... 2k is pricy... but for obvious reasons. CD, we need some local CORE events to practice. :coolio:

We could do our own low budget affair by simply setting some waypoints out at Superstition with it's wide open/non descriptive canvas (and where you CAN get off the designated trails unlike Anza Borrego.....Glamis would actually be ideal but too far away and I ain't paying no stinkin' fee, attaching a flag, bah, blah, blah)

I could ride around and find some "wrinkle-ish" spots for waypoints :coolio: ......then hand out rider instructions as follows, "Here's ~6 waypoints........go out and tag'em in this specific 1-6 time stamp order via whatever path YOU choose (no tracks) and set a way point on your GPS to show you were within ~100' of each waypoint upon your return. First rider back that shows verification of tagging all 6 waypoints gets a free Pabst from tntmo's private stash." :heh:

I think this could be a great event Steve, start at your place in Bullhead end the day in Parker, next day Parker to Yuma and the finish would be Yuma to Plaster City or OW. I am in and I will call you on this and this is very doable. It would let most riders do this if we made each track max 200 miles a day. This would give a chance for most weekend riders to play. It would not compete with the Dash. The trophy for this ride would be a patch and everyone could be a winner. We have most of this done already, I have tracks from yuma to Blythe and it does not mean taking the cannel form PaloVerde to Blythe, HotRod has tracks to Parker.

Rally type events are becoming every popular... 2k is pricy... but for obvious reasons. CD, we need some local CORE events to practice. coolio.gif

We could do our own low budget affair by simply setting some waypoints out at Superstition with it's wide open/non descriptive canvas (and where you CAN get off the designated trails unlike Anza Borrego.....Glamis would actually be ideal but too far away and I ain't paying no stinkin' fee, attaching a flag, bah, blah, blah)

I could ride around and find some "wrinkle-ish" spots for waypoints coolio.gif ......then hand out rider instructions as follows, "Here's ~6 waypoints........go out and tag'em in this specific 1-6 time stamp order via whatever path YOU choose (no tracks) and set a way point on your GPS to show you were within ~100' of each waypoint upon your return. First rider back that shows verification of tagging all 6 waypoints gets a free Pabst from tntmo's private stash." heh.gif

I think this could be a great event Steve, start at your place in Bullhead end the day in Parker, next day Parker to Yuma and the finish would be Yuma to Plaster City or OW. I am in and I will call you on this and this is very doable. It would let most riders do this if we made each track max 200 miles a day. This would give a chance for most weekend riders to play. It would not compete with the Dash. The trophy for this ride would be a patch and everyone could be a winner. We have most of this done already, I have tracks from yuma to Blythe and it does not mean taking the cannel form PaloVerde to Blythe, HotRod has tracks to Parker.

Who's Steve? :blink::heh:

I'm game to put together a multiday AZ./CA. trip with you and HotRod sometime but that ride WOULD require tracks for all riders, would require some road sections, gas stops, etc...

What I'm envisioning for a low budget "Rally" practice/training is something different......it's basically a one day Poker Run but I'm just telling you where the cards are located (as opposed to how to get there).....~50sq mile proximity, non descriptive area, no gas stops, one day, <80-100 miles depending on navigation choices.....

Both rides sound like fun... The AZ to CA will need some logistics ( start in AZ an end in CA) as well as some defined tracks...with that said, I am very interested. CDiddy's idea is a great practice point to point travel - no tracks... Bomb run.

I am in for both. I am happy to help or "donate= non organized" for either ride! Like the way this year starting out!

Rally type events are becoming every popular... 2k is pricy... but for obvious reasons. CD, we need some local CORE events to practice. :coolio:/>

I could ride around and find some "wrinkle-ish" spots for waypoints :coolio:/> ......then hand out rider instructions as follows, "Here's ~6 waypoints........go out and tag'em in this specific 1-6 time stamp order via whatever path YOU choose (no tracks) and set a way point on your GPS to show you were within ~100' of each waypoint upon your return. First rider back that shows verification of tagging all 6 waypoints gets a free Pabst from tntmo's private stash." :heh:/>

Have to figure out a different way to time it. First rider back really would not work that well. It would just turn into an all out cluster because everyone would just go the same way. We would have to stagger starts and figure out a timing scheme.

Have to figure out a different way to time it. First rider back really would not work that well. It would just turn into an all out cluster because everyone would just go the same way. We would have to stagger starts and figure out a timing scheme.

Good point. Staggered starts so folks don't necessarily follow one another (though that happens in DAKAR all the time)

Good point. Staggered starts so folks don't necessarily follow one another (though that happens in DAKAR all the time)

But then the Honda guy goes the wrong way...................

Is anybody from SDAR attending Rally Diabolico? Say as a crew member for a race team or something. To my knowledge none of us are racing it.