bikeslut

noobish, round 2...East county

Definitely ready for round 2, I'm in. Bringing the GoPro this time since I still haven't seen anything from the last ride.

Thanks for the Link, I saved soem of the pics.

Hmmmm....I'm almost contemplating going....but the 950 needs a new rear rim and I won't have one in time. I might try an easy dirt ride with my foot the way it is, but no rear rim means I can't go.

I would only roost Carguy and Slut though :lol:/> :unsure:/>

If you can ride it to my place you can use my rim/tire with your sprocket. Mine is shot with the chain etc..

I will wear my roost guard. :lol:

The video attached shows a section of Kernan Cycle Trail which is oneof the SDAR maintained trails...and one of the best in Corral Canyon iMO

It is an "optional" route, so; not everybody will do it

Looking forward to this one too!

Hmmmm....I'm almost contemplating going....but the 950 needs a new rear rim and I won't have one in time. I might try an easy dirt ride with my foot the way it is, but no rear rim means I can't go.

I would only roost Carguy and Slut though :lol:/>/>/> :unsure:/>/>/>

If you can ride it to my place you can use my rim/tire with your sprocket. Mine is shot with the chain etc..

I will wear my roost guard. :lol:/>/>

John....thanks much for the offer but that's not gonna work for me....bummer.

This one WILL involve a bit of road, some well-graded dirt, and some dirtier options along the way

I could use a patient sweep rider, preferably with a radio

Sunday 12-29

Addition: let's start @ 8 am again...7:45 pre-ride chat

Gas right across the street and a couple of food options (including liquor stores...uh...not to buy liquor, but water, and stuff)

sounds like a fun ride, wish I wasn't going out of town

Any one know of any good places to camp close by to the meetup point? Need to get out and moto camp some. Only problem might be, being loaded down for the ride haha. Unless I leave camp setup and come back and get my gear after the ride.

Any one know of any good places to camp close by to the meetup point? Need to get out and moto camp some. Only problem might be, being loaded down for the ride haha. Unless I leave camp setup and come back and get my gear after the ride.

PM sent

For any lurkers considering joining:

This ride has a few dirt roads

Wait for the person behind you at every turn

Safe and legal bikes are a must

Courteous riding within the group and with others on the road- slow down for bicyclists and stopping (and turn off engine) for equestrians.

ATGATT- look it up

We TRY to make sure everybody has a safe and fun time...but...they're motorcycles; stuffhappens

Last, but not least; I am not a certified instructor. I don't have the patience or skills...others offer that service, and I suggest you all consider that. SDAR is not a training facility, it is an on-line meeting place for like-minded individuals to discuss all things moto, and meet for rides on occasion.

My name is Bob...i'll be on a white KLR wearing a moto-helmet (Stewart edition) with a Superman logo on the bike...ask me any questions before, during or after the ride. i'll do my best to answer

The other experienced riders for this trip will assist in navigation, minor repair and some riding suggestions if you ask....they're probably not trained instructors either. we're just moto-guys like you, trying to give back to the past-time we enjoy so much. I, and SDAR take no responsibility for your safety. I'll assume if you want to join a ride on motorcycles,you can already ride. Send me a PM or email robertconrad63moto@yahoo.com if you have questions about the ride

....they're probably not trained instructors either.

Sometimes they are. :ph34r:

....they're probably not trained instructors either.

Sometimes they are. :ph34r:/>

That's why I said "probably"...first draft said "they're not"

John; are you a definite? If so, and you're on the small bike, you can help with the dirt options

I will be there and help as needed. I am riding the 540 KTM, 950 needs repairs. I can help more sweeping than leading or at least near the back of the pack. That way if someone is uneasy or has issues I can help.

For any lurkers considering joining:

This ride has a few dirt roads

Wait for the person behind you at every turn

Safe and legal bikes are a must

Courteous riding within the group and with others on the road- slow down for bicyclists and stopping (and turn off engine) for equestrians.

ATGATT- look it up

We TRY to make sure everybody has a safe and fun time...but...they're motorcycles; stuffhappens

Last, but not least; I am not a certified instructor. I don't have the patience or skills...others offer that service, and I suggest you all consider that. SDAR is not a training facility, it is an on-line meeting place for like-minded individuals to discuss all things moto, and meet for rides on occasion.

My name is *****...i'll be on a ***********...ask me any questions before, during or after the ride. i'll do my best to answer

The other experienced riders for this trip will assist in navigation, minor repair and some riding suggestions if you ask....they're probably not trained instructors either. we're just moto-guys like you, trying to give back to the past-time we enjoy so much. I, and SDAR take no responsibility for your safety. I'll assume if you want to join a ride on motorcycles,you can already ride. Send me a PM if you have questions about the ride

Looking forward to it Bob. the above is worth repeating and would be a good preamble for all ride leaders hosting a ride along with a link to your group ride suggestions.

See y'all sunday

Lurking...had a great time last Sunday, and a few laughs as my just-over-a-year-of-riding skill set wallowed the 500lb Vstrom around. Thanks again guys for helping me out and planning a ride where I had the option to get around the more challenging stuff if I wanted to. Ankle is still so-so, but worked out ok last noob ride.

Will post up if I am making this one or not: only challenges are work and ahem, surf is supposed to be good that day!

Since my 950 won't be ready in time, I will try to get a new rear tire for the XR1200 and meet up with you guys, ride the street sections and go to lunch with y'all.

OK- Randy...truth is: you good take the Harleyon viejas grade and moorena/stokes/corral canyon road...those are the only two mandatory dirt roads

I took my 70 year old neighbor on a Sabre on Pine Creek Road (which is paved, kind of)

If you choose to bypass Viejas Grade, you can meet us in Descanso @ the 79/80 junction

50-50 at this time. Sounds like more fun.

Yeah...some funner dirt options for you and some of the other adventurous types!

Mr BikeSloot, I plan on joining the ride and sticking around for lunch. I'd like to listen and learn more about moto-camping essentials if Downs joins after. -yeehaw :cowboy:/>

I am a Noob on the site, with experience on street and dirt. I am looking forward to the first noob ride I can do with you.

My plan "A" is to go to Glamis with my daughters, but if that doesn't work out, I may be a late addition to your group.

I will check in Saturday night, or just show up.

( 06 maroon KLR650 with rear tool case)

Hello SDAR,

I would like to go out on this ride with you all, I would also like to bring my father along, all we need is a loaner/$rental$ bike as he is here from Florida and I only have my bike. As far as I can tell Las Vegas and Los Angeles are the closest places to go rent a bike. So if you or someone you know would not mind renting us a bike I would be grateful. My number is 619-403-7629. Here is the link to my other post about it.

My other post

Lurking. Considering dirt on the XR4 or the mostly pavement run on the Scram.

www.eaglerider.com

They rent Triumph Tiger 800. Works out to be about 200 a day after taxes I think. If I had a spare bike I'd let him borrow it.

They have a place in San Diego not far from Miramar.