I just called Kern County Parks office to confirm Greenhorn Mt Park will be open and inform them of a large group soon to be heading there way.

:good:/>

Guys, I just started following this. I have checked with the wife and I am in. I have a dodge ram 1500 long bed. I will be coming from Carlsbad. I can come up Friday night and stay through Monday but will have to come back Monday after our ride. I have not been on any of your rides before however, I have a ton of riding experience. I plan on bringing a tent, food, gear, bike. I have allot of extra room in my truck. If anyone wants to join me for the ride let me know. If there is something more specific that i need to bring or do please advise.

Thanks and look forward to meeting you guys.

Tony

I'm going to send you a PM with some questions and more info. I'm coming from Long Beach on Friday afternoon and won't be carpooling but if you were planning on driving up on I-5 I'd be glad to Convoy. If you don't have to take 5 I wouldn't.

Jon

Jon/Brad/Dan

Dan...need final plans on you going or not to try and arrange carpools...

Right now; looks like mctrails, Spaugh, Slut and Kato in Alan's rig, but if Dan and/or Vic are going, splitting up is an option (unless you both WANT to drive alone)

Tony- we'll throw you in that mix too

Jon- are you suggesting rolling up the 15 and cutting over? 395?

Looking forward to the ride...got a few days of basic maintenance on the DRZ

New tires are in; should I bring some smaller main jets?

Jon/Brad/Dan

Dan...need final plans on you going or not to try and arrange carpools...

Right now; looks like mctrails, Spaugh, Slut and Kato in Alan's rig, but if Dan and/or Vic are going, splitting up is an option (unless you both WANT to drive alone)

Tony- we'll throw you in that mix too

Jon- are you suggesting rolling up the 15 and cutting over? 395?

For all of you traveling inland routes. I'd recommend.

I-15 N.

I-215 N, (Your call, 215 or 15)

US-395 N

CA-178 W

to CA-155 W/Wofford Heights Blvd in Lake Isabella.

Take the CA-155/Wofford Heights exit from CA-178 W

Follow CA-155 W to your destination

Turn right onto CA-155 W/Kernville Rd/Wofford Heights Blvd

Continue to follow CA-155 W

***When you get to Wofford Heights***

CA-155 takes a Sharp left UP the mountain. This is Evans Rd.

Travel 8 Miles to the summit. This is found by the intersection of Rancheria Rd and a steep drop down the West side of the mountain.

Turn left onto Rancheria Rd.

Proceed ~200 yards and take the beat up old broken asphalt road into the campground. It is marked with a faded brown and white sign.

For Coastal Travelers:

Take I-5 N

CA-178 E/Rosedale Hwy in Bakersfield.

Take the CA-178 E/Rosedale Hwy/24th St exit from CA-99 N

Follow CA-178 E and CA-155 W to your destination

Turn right onto CA-155 W/Kernville Rd/Wofford Heights Blvd

Continue to follow CA-155 W

***When you get to Wofford Heights***

CA-155 takes a Sharp left UP the mountain. This is Evans Rd.

Travel 8 Miles to the summit. This is found by the intersection of Rancheria Rd and a steep drop down the West side of the mountain.

Turn left onto Rancheria Rd.

Proceed ~200 yards and take the beat up old broken asphalt road into the campground. It is marked with a faded brown and white sign.

jon, any idea about fire restrictions? I've got some fire wood and a charcoal bbq and a propane bbq i can bring. Their website just says keep it in a fire ring.

You have no idea. For the past week riding is all I've been able to think about. I've been off the bike for too long.

For Jetting. The routes for the weekend will take us from 4000' to 9000' elevation. The majority of the riding will be from 5000' to 7000'. This time of yearDaytime highs are typically around 70 and overnight temps could be in the 40s. When I rode the XR I replaced both jets with one size smaller for my mountain trips. I'd recommend rejetting however you feel it may be appropriate for your bike at the elevations and temperatures we'll be riding. the good news is it's cooler so jetting may not be an issue as it is in the summer months.

Slut and Kato in Alan's rig

Im so ready

Yeah, I'm starting to get excited! Less than a week away.

I'm not sure you guys understand what my rig is. The trailer I'm talking about is the pictured below. Brad is going to tow it behind his truck. I don't have the nice toy hauler any more if that is what you were thinking. I'm going to drive my Ranger and will have an extra seat We can figure out seating arrangements later.

post-4114-094336500 1379811359_thumb.jpe

We have a truck and a trailer...good enough for me

I'm bringing my own tent and stuff, and could be self-sufficient if necessary

Started packing dry goods today and bought some pollo asado, shrimp, trail mix, pasta, sauce, oatmeal...

3 gallons of oil, an extra air filter, will do basic maintenance this week

We have a truck and a trailer...good enough for me

I'm bringing my own tent and stuff, and could be self-sufficient if necessary

Started packing dry goods today and bought some pollo asado, shrimp, trail mix, pasta, sauce, oatmeal...

3 gallons of oil, an extra air filter, will do basic maintenance this week

3 gallons of oil?

I'll finishing loading everything but food and gas tomorrow. My new gas tank was leaking around the fuel pump so I had to pull it off and seal it up. Should be good to go by morning.

The hard part for me will be to sit at work all week and pretend to be thinking about work.

The hard part for me will be to sit at work all week and pretend to be thinking about work.

EXACTLY! Lots of daydreaming about trails to be ridden and adventures to be had.

jon, any idea about fire restrictions? I've got some fire wood and a charcoal bbq and a propane bbq i can bring. Their website just says keep it in a fire ring.

We are camping in Kern County. The USFS has imposed restrictions in the National Forest. They have no jurisdiction within the county parks. Camp fires have been authorized all season.

Bringing some firewood is a good idea. I've been watching the weather and have seen forecast lows in the 40s. There is usually plenty of wood in camp or close by that I've gathered for my pit.

bikeslut

I will heading out from Carlsbad on Friday afternoon. I'll be coming up in my Dodge Ram 1500 long bed with just my bike and gear so I do have room if anyone needs a ride. I will heading up the 15 North route PastaPilot posted.

PastaPilot thanks for the directions.

I will be packing this week and am really looking forward to the ride. Haven't rode single track in a few months so really looking forward to it. Got a couple small (hopefully) things to fix on the plated CRF450X.

I will have a two man tent, small barbecue, cools and firewood.

Thanks for organizing this ride, I have really been wanting to ride there and this could not have come at a better time.

Tony

Cool- we're leaving San Carlos about 730 Friday morning taking the same route

I'll PM my number- we have 3 people in a quad-cab long bed with trailer, so plenty of room

I'm not bringing the BBQ, so we may need that. I have some good chow on the agenda

We're all tenting too. I'm on a DRZ but i'll do my best to keep up.

I'll PM my cell number also

Tony, glad to have you along and look forward to meeting you.

Bob, the fire rings in camp have flip over cooking grates. I use them all the time to cook food. I'm bringing my camp stove and pots and pans.

Work got nutty for me this week. I am going to be super busy the next 4 days and may not be on here much at all through Thursday afternoon. I'll try for at least once a day just to check in. If you have questions send me a PM or text message and I'll respond sooner.

See ya soon

We'll see you up there...Brad has a map, so we should be ok even if you bail (for which we would mock you endlessly)

Perfect cooking scenario for what I'm planning

Going to miss this one. What a bummer. Have a blast, hope you get some good pic's, so I may again live vicariously through your great experience. The one that I am missing. Dang...

Desert season is thankfully close, so I'll get some fresh cookies soon.

Brad has a map- we're heading up around 8 am or so...have the beef marinating

Meals, in no particular order- pollo asado, carne asada, shrimp, and beef teriyaki skewers

Lots of rice and pasta

Lots of rice and pasta

Are you refering to my Japanese bike and I? I do plan to be larger than life this weekend and make my bike and its new mods the center of attention.

This looks like an epic trip!

I've been lurking hoping my wrist would heal by this time, but no bueno :(

Have a great time!

This looks like an epic trip!

I've been lurking hoping my wrist would heal by this time, but no bueno :(/>

Have a great time!

I ride with only one wrist...

As for Jon and his bike being the center of attention...meh...i'm just hoping me crashing isn't the center of attention...I heard somebody fell off a cliff up there once.

Meals, in no particular order- pollo asado, carne asada, shrimp, and beef teriyaki skewers

Lots of rice and pasta

i may have the desert or I may not.

As for Jon and his bike being the center of attention...meh...i'm just hoping me crashing isn't the center of attention...I heard somebody fell off a cliff up there once.

mhh.. i was wondering why you let me go with you guys

bikeslut

I will heading out from Carlsbad on Friday afternoon. I'll be coming up in my Dodge Ram 1500 long bed with just my bike and gear so I do have room if anyone needs a ride. I will heading up the 15 North route PastaPilot posted.

PastaPilot thanks for the directions.

I will be packing this week and am really looking forward to the ride. Haven't rode single track in a few months so really looking forward to it. Got a couple small (hopefully) things to fix on the plated CRF450X.

I will have a two man tent, small barbecue, cools and firewood.

Thanks for organizing this ride, I have really been wanting to ride there and this could not have come at a better time.

Tony

Tony- we're sitting around a campfire...if you're not coming, please post up, otherwise we'll keep an eye out for you