For anyone who wants to join us on Sunday we will be riding around the SD area looking/scouting for sutiable spots to start a Motorcycle Gymkhana event(s) here in the local area. Over on ADV Rider there's a group of riders in Huntsville Alabama who have been doing this for a while.

This is basically autocross for motorcycles if anyone knows what autocross is.

If anyone has any suggestions for spots to look at or knows of any areas we could use please let us know.

I don't have a solid time or place other than "Mid County" on Sunday. As soon as I get that info I'll post it up here.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=788591

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=788591&page=93

The autocross events I've seen around here are at The Qualcomm stadium parking lot.

I have some SuperMoto hooligan friends that do something similar but it's not legal. I myself would never do that, again. But it looks like fun. You can find some places to safely do it on dirt. Pavement and such activities, unless Sanctioned with permits always seem to have a negative connotation that goes along with it. Grange cart/supermoto track up north might give you a safe fix. Cost for the day is cheap and speeds are way,way lower than full track days. And they have a dirt section too.

Good luck on Your search, get some video f you can.

Use to autocross my vet at Qualcomm stadium parking lot.... would be so cool to have something like that to do on a bike B)/>

Check out this big bike :coolio:/> BadAss

That's a big bike, skills for sure.

The thing about the Murph is the surface there eats up tires badly. Be nice if they could refinish that westside section where they have the rally's and supermoto events. But that's money, way more money than it would bring in for a while.

For anyone who wants to join us on Sunday we will be riding around the SD area looking/scouting for sutiable spots to start a Motorcycle Gymkhana event(s) here in the local area. Over on ADV Rider there's a group of riders in Huntsville Alabama who have been doing this for a while.

This is basically autocross for motorcycles if anyone knows what autocross is.

If anyone has any suggestions for spots to look at or knows of any areas we could use please let us know.

I don't have a solid time or place other than "Mid County" on Sunday. As soon as I get that info I'll post it up here.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=788591

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=788591&page=93

Looking up ownership today of an empty lot here (San Marcos). Stoke also has a couple spots (permitted) in mind.

I autocrossed for years in a Supercharged 91 Miata. I should be getting that car back from my brother later this year or early next year. Loved it.

Still no set time for Sunday at this time.

Don't need a long straight away for this... there are mall parking lots, or college campus's lots ie: Palomar, is where MSF classes are held often

Gas Station @ 17011 W Bernardo Dr, San Diego, CA 92127

0930 meetup. So about 3 hours from the time I'm posting this.

In not able to make it... Already committed to another ride today

Good luck! and have fun!

I remember you posting about that. Was going to go up for it but decided to do the Gym thing instead. See ya around :)

Got to get a few runs in a piece. Had to modify the "track" a little bit to fit this parking lot. Didn't spend long here then went out for a ride up to Pala.

I give you the two newest of newbs to Motorcycle Gymkhana haha