Fargoin

Does anyone know where to get mexican insurance on your license that c

Does anyone know where to get mexican insurance on your license that covers motorcycles? In talking with one agency their mexican license insurance (liability only) does not cover motorcyles.

I should clarify, they do not offer 1 policy that covers both cars and motorcycles. I would have to buy a policy for autos (because I occasionally drive to MX) and a separate for the moto.

I'm looking for MX license insurance in which I could drive either and be covered.

I've purchased Mexinsure, and I do it online.

I've never "used" it, and hope I never will, but that what I buy.

http://www.bajabound.com/

This the very reputable agent that sponsors Los Ancianos events in Tecate. Looks like they have various policies for all vehicles (I alway use them for my truck). you can do all the business right on line and print your policy as well.

From what I saw on their site, neither offer insurance on your license. They offer insurance on individual vehicles. Since I take 4 different vehicles it makes more sense to get my license insured rather than each vehicle.

From what I saw on their site, neither offer insurance on your license. They offer insurance on individual vehicles. Since I take 4 different vehicles it makes more sense to get my license insured rather than each vehicle.

Ah.

Sorry, my bad.

This is what I give to the guys who ride with me:

Mexico travel insurance: For those interested in travel insurance, I've come up with an easy option. Liability is about $12/day and full coverage is $15/day. You can take a look and see if you want it (I never do get it). You can pay and print out the policy on-line:

If you plan on being in Baja more than 4 days a year, it may be cheaper to buy an annual plan for about $95.

Mexico travel insurance: For those interested in travel insurance, I've come up with an easy option. Liability is about $12/day and full coverage is $15/day. You can take a look and see if you want it (I never do get it). You can pay and print out the policy on-line: http://www.discoverbaja.com/

If you plan on being in Baja more than 4 days a year, it may be cheaper to buy an annual plan for about $95.

Huh.

Their instant quote for full coverage on my 990 is $30/day. A little less than Mexinsure.

Mexico travel insurance: For those interested in travel insurance, I've come up with an easy option. Liability is about $12/day and full coverage is $15/day. You can take a look and see if you want it (I never do get it). You can pay and print out the policy on-line:

That's actually who I called. Their rates are good. My problem is $90 x2 for the motorcyles plus an annual of $149 for the license insurance for the cages. I was hoping to find a license policy that covered cars and motos.

Mexico travel insurance: For those interested in travel insurance, I've come up with an easy option. Liability is about $12/day and full coverage is $15/day. You can take a look and see if you want it (I never do get it). You can pay and print out the policy on-line: http://www.discoverbaja.com/

Huh.

Their instant quote for full coverage on my 990 is $30/day. A little less than Mexinsure.

That was for FC ($6,000) on my KLR. I was happy with the price.

Does the KTM990 cost more than a KLR?:lol:/>

Thanks for starting this thread because I just assumed my insurance my license covered my bike. Baja Bound just called me to renew my policy and I had purchased through them with Macfre company and it does covers motorcycles.

The difference is that they only cover up to $40k, 80K and over the last year there have been new suggested limits to cover 150k in the event of death. The other two license policies they offer do not cover motorcycles but offer hgher coverage.

If I take a car, I normally insure it anyways for full coverage and in the past have insured my main bike for the year. Hope that helps.