In again

The riding is great

Music excellent

And the unlimited beer thing is pretty damn good too.

Seriously considering this one. Any advice on good spots to stay? Maybe trailer camping, probably hoteling it.

Seriously considering this one. Any advice on good spots to stay? Maybe trailer camping, probably hoteling it.

I stay here: http://www.holidayhaus.net/

It's not overly fancy and it's not cheap (now) on that weekend (~$125/night) but that's because it's a 3 minute walk to the Bluesapalooza from the parking lot.......hard to get much closer in a motel......you DO NOT want to be driving around after attending a "Festival of Beers and Bluesapalooza".....the short walk works out nice.......folks are still walking to their cars when I'm already back in my room.....

They reserved 6 or 7 rooms aside for me.....I haven't called to see if any are left.....

Find a roommate to share carpooling/room costs and get on board the fun train......

I stay here: http://www.holidayhaus.net/

It's not overly fancy and it's not cheap (now) on that weekend (~$125/night) but that's because it's a 3 minute walk to the Bluesapalooza from the parking lot.......hard to get much closer in a motel......you DO NOT want to be driving around after attending a "Festival of Beers and Bluesapalooza".....the short walk works out nice.......folks are still walking to their cars when I'm already back in my room.....

They reserved 6 or 7 rooms aside for me.....I haven't called to see if any are left.....

Find a roommate to share carpooling/room costs and get on board the fun train......

Awesome, thanks. How late do you anticipate being done with the Bodie loop on Sun? I'll actually be back home in Northern NV in Aug, so with only a 3 hr drive home I could probably do this without having to take any time off on Monday = BONUS!

What no military cabins in mammoth? I really got to see if I can swing it this year.

What no military cabins in mammoth? I really got to see if I can swing it this year.

I was almost shocked.

Awesome, thanks. How late do you anticipate being done with the Bodie loop on Sun? I'll actually be back home in Northern NV in Aug, so with only a 3 hr drive home I could probably do this without having to take any time off on Monday = BONUS!

If you start early, and ride past Bodie rather than stopping to explore it, you'll be back to Mammoth Lakes by early/mid afternoon.....Or ride the Bodie Loop on Sat and do a short/local loop on Sunday.......it's all up to you.......I ususally recommend the short loop on Sat so folks can shower up, have a beer at the motel, eat some chow, and get into the Bluesapalooza between 2pm - 5pm.....if you bought a full day "tasting/party pkg" you might want to get in there by ~2pm......I usually try to get in by ~3pm so I can sample a few porters and stouts before 5pm.....and catch an add'll band or two before the headliners....

I bought the two day (Friday/Sat) party pkg (includes Friday Blues Concert, Saturday Bluesapalooza concerts, unlimited beer tasting and commemorative tasting glass - $105):

http://www.mammothbluesbrewsfest.com/tickets

Sat only tickets are sold out.........that's Ok, you don't want to miss out on the Friday night concert anyway........Gary Hoey will be ripping it up on stage........There's a FREE concert on Thursday night if you're arriving early.......Sunday morning is the hangover party.......I've never bothered with it......mornings are for riding!.....You can also purchase Friday night only and Sat night only concerts tickets (no beer tasting but beer/food available for purchase inside from Mammoth Brewery). That'll shave ~$40 off your ticket price.......you can enter the venue after ~5:30 with those tickets......which means you'll miss some of the earlier bands....

I'm all about the music so I like to get in there early on Sat....the free "tasting" breweries close down at 5pm........Mammoth Brewery (Event Host) is open all evening serving their handcrafted micro brew....

Ok, I'm all in. Got my hotel, Bluesapalooza tix, and registered w/ CORE.

Holiday Haus only had rooms with two queen beds left, so if anyone wants to double up I've got a reservation for Fri & Sat night.

Ok, I'm all in. Got my hotel, Bluesapalooza tix, and registered w/ CORE.

Holiday Haus only had rooms with two queen beds left, so if anyone wants to double up I've got a reservation for Fri & Sat night.

Good Deal - Welcome aboard the fun train! :drinks:

I'd imagine you'll/we'll find someone to car pool/split room costs between now and then.....

I should be up there for this event with 1 other friend from san diego. Chris could you pm your phone number. I will be in norcal the whole week before in Shasta.

kirk

Another annual favorite next weekend.......~20 folks signed up......join us if you can :drinks::thumbsup_anim::smile_anim:

Registration is now open for the 2013 CORE Mammoth Lakes Bluesapalooza Club Ride: http://crawdadoffroadevents.com/core-calendar/view/89

This event is always a blast......great riding, blues and brews.......a couple of teaser photos:

Picture101.jpg

cimg4289.jpg

Roll call.

I'll be there - who else?

Anyone? Beuller?

Looking for someone interested in riding the hard ways.

I can't make it this year.... :angry2:/> I have a FREE TICKET to friday night only concert...crawdaddy's favorite, Gary Hoey......

call if you want it... $40 value.... 858.395.0258