Oracle

Ramona area ride Saturday morning

I'm heading out around 9 am from my house. I'll be hitting everything off Pamo Rd., including Orosco Ridge, Lusardi TT, Santa Ysabel TT, Black Mountain, Black Canyon, etc. I'll probably head over to Mesa Grande from there and head down to the 76 just to get some slab time in. Then...turn around and head back. Probably about 3 hours and 50 miles or so.

I ride this route solo frequently because I'm more of a spure of the moment type guy but figured I throw this out a whole 1/2 day in advance if anyone wants to join :heh:

If there are any takers, I'll meet you at Starbucks, 1315 Main Street (highway 67),by 9:00, rolling out by 9:15.

I am also last minute guy to commit to rides, this looks interesting look for a reply in the morning I maybe in, what bike are you on?

KTM 530.

Any takers, make sure you post up, otherwise I won't be stopping at the Starbucks.

How'd it go? I wanted to go, but was headed out of town....

Zancat

Hey guys, the ride was fun. Lets all hook up soon and ride to Palomar or Anza?

That sounds great. I have been wanting to ride there.

Zancat

Today went from Anza Off Cary rd long way around 6S22 to Idyllwild 6S16 6S18 back.

94.8 miles the last 9 like this.........

post-13832-036279900 1369714817_thumb.jp

71 miles dirt, lot of people, 2 water crossing and a load of dust.

Guest Crusty

If you ride there you must hit Hixon and go up Allasandro.

The 2 best trails within 100 miles.coolio.gif

Very Fun.

If you ride there you must hit Hixon and go up Allasandro.

The 2 best trails within 100 miles.coolio.gif

Very Fun.

If those are the single tracks above west side of Bautista rd, that was the start of the day. I was with 3 friends and riding sweep, beautiful day. Real dry a lot of powder and lose rocks . WE came to a pretty good down hill real steep and lose through brushes and rocks, maybe 100/150 yards. About 50 yards down the no.1 stops on a little shelf big enough for 2 bikes. So the 3 of them are sitting there like birds in a nest, because I think no.1 had been trying to stop to stop for 20 yards and that was first place he quit sliding on his 450. Because so dusty we are rabbit chasing (10 to 20 feet apart).My back wheel had not been behind the front since the start down. So now I have the 3 (450 KTM, 310 Husky & 450 BMW) of the 4 people that like me sitting on the edge of who knows what for what ever reason. In my head here we go, prefect strike. No chance of gutter ball these brushes are tough and solid. I am glad to say God is there for us. When the dust settled they are standing and the rocks are still rolling. Wow ! :blink:

We talked with some riders they said that is a trails loop. Nice !

Do again ride for sure . Sooner the better. :coolio:

So, anyone want to plan a ride for this Saturday morning?

I'm not much for slabbing so the more dirt the better.

Is there any good tracks leaving Ramona, Pamo to Santa Ysabel, Black Canyon, Mesa Grande, west on 76, up Palomar (trails???), down the back side, come back on the 79 or possibly drop down into Pala?? I'm not familiar with much outside of Ramona yet, unless you wanna talk open desert...That area I know well!

So, anyone want to plan a ride for this Saturday morning?

I'm not much for slabbing so the more dirt the better.

Is there any good tracks leaving Ramona, Pamo to Santa Ysabel, Black Canyon, Mesa Grande, west on 76, up Palomar (trails???), down the back side, come back on the 79 or possibly drop down into Pala?? I'm not familiar with much outside of Ramona yet, unless you wanna talk open desert...That area I know well!

Back side of Palomar is fun I think it is 22 miles when open. But you have to get from 79. Unless you are talking about Nate Harrison which is also fun about 12 miles with some paved in the middle. Been over a year seen I been up there, so maybe more been paved.

Lunch at mothers good sandwich.

I think it is about 94 miles round trip. That may be through Valley Center and up 78. Again not much help, it has been awhile.

Right now I have 2 flats WTH so I have to see if I can get new tire and fix front.

Back side of Palomar is fun I think it is 22 miles when open. But you have to get from 79. Unless you are talking about Nate Harrison which is also fun about 12 miles with some paved in the middle. Been over a year seen I been up there, so maybe more been paved.

Was up/over Nate Harrison a couple times last few weekends en route thru Black Canyon. Same ol' asphalt patches, 'lil rutty near the top but no biggy.

Was up/over Nate Harrison a couple times last few weekends en route thru Black Canyon. Same ol' asphalt patches, 'lil rutty near the top but no biggy.

Ok, help me out with some directions...I'm going try and plan something out.

HVYWT, get the bike rolling. I got an PM from Arne (Zancat), he says he's a strong possibility...and maybe Mike (Hayseed) could join? Shooby? Anyone?

Looking like little bike is the answer , because I can't pull trigger on buying new tires. Still up in the air Karoo or MotoZ .

Also I have P.T. today and Doc visit Friday. I think all the stitching is out finally.

Hopefully !!!

IMO up Nate is a lot more fun :D

Ok, help me out with some directions...I'm going try and plan something out.

HVYWT, get the bike rolling. I got an PM from Arne (Zancat), he says he's a strong possibility...and maybe Mike (Hayseed) could join? Shooby? Anyone?

Afry led this ride last Feb. I didn't make it but it looked like fun. I'm down for this if your schedule allows. Take a look. also has a link to the .gpx file to load up. I'm currently navigating with my iphone (and a Surveyors sense of direction..."what? I'm not lost, just temporarily confused..." :blush:/>/>/> ) without ability to load gpx files yet. You have gps ?

That is a lot of slabbing, but Lost Valley is a good ride. When I say lot I mean 50/50.

About 135 miles round trip. Afry , Crawdaddy or someone who knows how far is it.

10-4. Overlayed on google, looks at least that, if not 60/40.

What the... I'm trying to follow this but... last week, this week, up there down here? :unsure:

Its all 60/40 at this point. perhaps just 50/50. Either way, Oracle wants some suggestions for mostly Dirt ride outside Ramona for this Saturday (6/01)

Afry , Crawdaddy or someone who knows how far is it.

131 miles - 77 miles paved and 54 dirt - give or take a hundred feet biggrin.gif

That Anza route looks legit, but I'm thinking more of Nate Harrison Grade this weekend....