Hit up McCain yesterday morning. Thick fog on the hill and 52 degrees. (Golden Acorn)

Clear once at McCain proper. Dirt was dry but just short of producing much dust. Temps warmed nicely and on an odd note; absolutely zero wind. That place always has some sort of breeze going....

Several times during the day crazy black armageddon type clouds would form right above the staging area then go away after 15 minutes. Spooky stuff.

I had the entire playground to myself. Never saw a person. It's such a cool vibe to smash around that place w/o much worry of a collision. That freedom also landed me into trouble several times as I start to push the pace. I had to extract several times. One stand still tip over, one; around a blind corner to big rock step up. I failed, bike in tree. Another brisk paced right hander that the front wheel didn't get the memo on. Result was a shoulder plant. The best for last; way to fast squeeze between closly spaced rocks followed buy no possible way to avoid the front wheel killer that was lurking past them. My quick react drill for that was to drive the bike into the ground and chuck my carcuss to the left and rag doll downhill through some shrub crap. Text book from start to finish!

Put in 70 miles and decided to pack up.

Was thinking I should do some stuff at Corral so I got some Gas at the Acorn and headed out. Parked inside just as you turn off Buckman and rode in to Kernan. As it turns out there was not anyone there either. Ranger still had the Virgin rain rut with no tracks since the last rain. Crazy good. Several small puddles here and there but not swampy at all.

I finished off with a blazing night run up Kernan to the PV fireroad; looped the fireroad and back down. Ended with 51.5 miles out there.

It's crazy how many people ride and how lucky I was to have both places to myself. Super cool.

Anyone thinking of riding either place this weekend; the conditions are good. McCain is the dryer of the two and will become dusty quickly. Right now Corral has just enough moisture were even the harder trails are more manageable. Tractored right up 7 last night unlike when It's dry and I have to carry the bike on my back to make it.

Whoop whoop Gangnam Style

LIKE Button pressed. and will you please be careful out there when solo!!

LIKE Button pressed. and will you please be careful out there when solo!!

Will do; thanks Brother! One of these days I'll catch up with ya out there.

and another thing dont hurt Dai J anymore..your thinning our 45+ open class, we need more guys not less, the old guy ranks are all ready thin enough!!!

Hope to get some spin the wheels time with you asap.

and another thing dont hurt Dai J anymore..your thinning our 45+ open class, we need more guys not less, the old guy ranks are all ready thin enough!!!

Hope to get some spin the wheels time with you asap.

Lol. It looked like the hand of God reached out and slapped him off that bike. He bounced and got right back up like it was cool. Ok got it. Only beat up on 44 yo or younger. (I was hoping he didn't tell you about that)

"Ok got it. Only beat up on 44 yo or younger. (I was hoping he didn't tell you about that)"

rolleyes.gif

Whew, I'm safe

wait... there are people younger than 44 on this site?!?!?

Vic- thanks for the trail report... heading out there Monday (yeah; it'll be dry by then) so nice to know weekdays are still pretty quiet

I also find riding solo is a time to push the limits and test yourself... ride until exhausted then pack it up

of course, I actually pack it up, don't go and ride another area right after

what did you do to Dai?

"Ok got it. Only beat up on 44 yo or younger. (I was hoping he didn't tell you about that)"

rolleyes.gif

Whew, I'm safe

You're only safe till the end of July Bags, then I'm coming out after ya...

BS,

I DIDN'T do anything to Dai and how old are you again???? Need to confirm if you're within my window of opportuniny!

Bwaaaahaha

Nicely done VIC! I'm always in awe...

BS,

I DIDN'T do anything to Dai and how old are you again???? Need to confirm if you're within my window of opportuniny!

Bwaaaahaha

I've been receiving literature from AARP... seriously; I qualify in November

FML

FML

Seriously.

FML

I know how you feel, I've been getting estate planning literature from my alma mater for 3 years.

Parked inside just as you turn off Buckman and rode in to Kernan.

I used to park there too... last few times Rangers and Border Patrol have said "no bueno" to parking there

Not really posted as such, so I guess they can't really ticket you, but like I said; they've asked me to pull farther away from the road to make their jobs easier.

i guess a lot cars pull in to that area, then they release international hikers to get from there to Pine Valley (other side of check points), and they pick them up there... seen it happen a few times (dropping off, not picking up)

Cmon BORCS sat morn, self, bike, p-port, entry money and some scratch for beer and tacos on site. transponders used. yeah this stuff is high tech!!

...It's such a cool vibe to smash around that place w/o much worry of a collision. That freedom also landed me into trouble.... I failed, bike in tree. Another brisk paced right hander that the front wheel didn't get the memo on. Result was a shoulder plant.... My quick react drill for that was to drive the bike into the ground and chuck my carcuss to the left and rag doll downhill through some shrub crap.

With all the cactus around its amazing you didn't come back looking like a porcupine. Guess you gotta know how and where to take those dirt samples.

...It's such a cool vibe to smash around that place w/o much worry of a collision. That freedom also landed me into trouble.... I failed, bike in tree. Another brisk paced right hander that the front wheel didn't get the memo on. Result was a shoulder plant.... My quick react drill for that was to drive the bike into the ground and chuck my carcuss to the left and rag doll downhill through some shrub crap.

With all the cactus around its amazing you didn't come back looking like a porcupine. Guess you gotta know how and where to take those dirt samples.

Luck over skill man; luck over skill.....

Didn't get off scott free; found some of that stuff earlier in the day. Nothing major just a couple of pluck-n-gos.

That place is like the VA.... Can't get out of there w/o getting stuck!

Keep on it Vic your ride is around the corner. Don't break the bike!! :torch:/>

Thanx Dawgg.

You've been MIA for awhile. Did the work monster get a hold of you or what!!??

Negative.... Now is the perfect time to break the rig. The first week of June all new parts go on her for the final test run at the Big Bear event then toward the end of July It's go time. Putting lots of effort into tearing everything off before hand. Heck; had more casualties today. Lol. Neverending story right!

Hope everthing is well for ya.

Lates