Crawdaddy

Back in the Street Bike world

Cool! Does this mean a whole new set of street riding gear (head to toe) too?! :coolio:

Referring to this post, http://dualsport-sd....post__p__151361 ,

time for me to fess up. I bought a '12 VStrom 650 last Friday, also white. Sold my Kawasaki Z750S to my very happy son...

Oh, I knew when I posted it.......:lol:/>

Congrats to you both. After 8 years and nobody really doing the ADV Touring thing, I thought it was time for a change. Had I known.......:party:/>

Congrats to you both. After 8 years and nobody really doing the ADV Touring thing, I thought it was time for a change. Had I known.......:party:/>/>/>

Ken, warm up that new Road King and hit the road! Street biased bikes can still get you there after the pavement ends....

OregonVacationDay7001-L.jpg

Congrats to you both. After 8 years and nobody really doing the ADV Touring thing, I thought it was time for a change. Had I known.......:party:/>/>/>/>/>

Ken, warm up that new Road King and hit the road! Street biased bikes can still get you there after the pavement ends....

Is this bridge crossing the Kern River, by chance?

Mike - I might ride it up Otay.....just to say I did. :king:/>

It's a leeetle more street biased than the one pictured but I did THIS LOOP on it and had a blast.

Ken got a Road King?!?!?!

Yup, it's Purdy.

I'm gonna get a Harley when I get old! :coolio:/>

Nice ride Crawdaddy:good:/>

Crawdaddy

That is a good move for the commute, Helps a guy get up in the morning, eh.

VStromCenter_zpsc3aaff4a.jpg

Is this bridge crossing the Kern River, by chance?

Eel river/Richardson Grove campground in the Giant Redwoods...From a trip in 2011 RR here

Crawdaddy

That is a good move for the commute, Helps a guy get up in the morning, eh.

VStromCenter_zpsc3aaff4a.jpg

My daily commuter has been my Ram 2500 truck......the monthly savings in fuel expenses will offset 3/4 of the monthly bike payment. :coolio:

My daily commuter has been my Ram 2500 truck......the monthly savings in fuel expenses will offset 3/4 of the monthly bike payment. :coolio:

Nearing the end of the first tank of gas on the new commuter scooter. I'm liking ~55 mpg with gas riding my bike as opposed to ~18 mpg with diesel driving my truck.

IMAG1774_zps59b90114.jpg

Yup. I got 50 - 52 with mine. That 55ish should hold for you pretty well. Glad it's working out.

Readying the bike for light dirt duty.....threw on a Hyde skid plate/cowl and crash bars when I got home from the river last night.......

IMAG1875_zps50b84123.jpg

Riding up to Seat Concepts Friday to replace the stock seat foam/cover....