sjtraina

Green Sticker on a CA plated bike

Am I throwing away 52 bucks every 2 years if I already have my KTM plated? Do I need to keep paying for a green sticker & insurance & street registration?

My friend at work says you got the bike green stickered then I have to keep it that way. Is that true?

Thanks,

Johnny T.

Am I throwing away 52 bucks every 2 years if I already have my KTM plated?

yes

Yes. I have a dual registered bike too, and it can't have the green sticker status removed.

Guest Crusty

I removed the green sticker when I plated my CRF. 450X

I let the green sticker lapse on the WR too... I am not sure I understand the question... The plate allows you ride anywhere a green sticker would, but the bike must be street legal then ( signals, lights, DOT tires, licensed rider) I think

One of my bikes had this situation......when I finally got through to plead the case that i didn't need the green sticker, the DMV told me once a bike has dual registration, it does for life....

STUPID rule if you ask me.....so they said I should file a 'NON OPERATON STATUS' on the GREEN STICKER REG......the two registrations are entirely different they said.....no connection......

I think I did pay it last time though.....but I don't put the sticker on...I didn't want to file a "non operation' for my bike at all...who knows what they could possibly do with that??? another way the state is taking more of our money.... and then they give so much of the green sticker money to OTHER CAUSES......just wrong.....tax on a specific group for a specific purpose.....then used by other people......just wrong. angry.gif/>

I bought a plated bike and it had part of a green sticker on the fork that iI removed. I just assumed I didn't need it. Who do I contact about the green sticker fees? or can you tell on the registration if it dual? I had the registration done at Triple A, would they know the fee differences?

I did get stopped today in Otay by the Sheriff....ok by a few Sheriffs and they didn't mention the green sticker just that are bikes were plated and we should head out towards the road. We entered an area in Otay that we weren't supposed to.