Bagstr

Moto Camping 2013

A body have a picture of a small tripod chair and their opinion on them?

And any pix of a light weight hatchet?

Also any thoughts on a small Lightweight air pad for a single man tent. Saw a really nice one at sports chalet for $149. But at that price I would t be able to sleep :)

Also any thoughts on a small Lightweight air pad for a single man tent. Saw a really nice one at sports chalet for $149. But at that price I would t be able to sleep smile.gif

Last trip there were a couple tripod chairs but consensus was they sucked. I have the Gerber Gator combo small hatchet with knife inside handle - very nice and light.

Also any thoughts on a small Lightweight air pad for a single man tent. Saw a really nice one at sports chalet for $149. But at that price I would t be able to sleep smile.gif

Last trip there were a couple tripod chairs but consensus was they sucked. I have the Gerber Gator combo small hatchet with knife inside handle - very nice and light.

Thanks mang, at 23oz and under 9 inches that Gerber is a great deal at 37 bucks. With the hidden knife I gotta get one.

So if not a TriPod chair what if any type of chair is anyone packing up on thier bike?

And any suggestions on an sleeping bag pad. Therm-a-Rest Neo-Air look good but not at 100-200 bucks.

Adventure 16 is having annual Swap Meet Saturday. PlUs 20% off one item.

Picked up Osprey back pack today, $85 inc tax.

The current rage is four legged packable chairs. I'm fine with two leg butterfly.

B

Adventure 16 is having annual Swap Meet Saturday. PlUs 20% off one item.

Picked up Osprey back pack today, $85 inc tax.

The current rage is four legged packable chairs. I'm fine with two leg butterfly.

B

Cool, I have a $100 gift card for A16 that's been burning a hole in my pocket. thanks.

A four legged packable chair? is it compact/fit in a touring bag type or just the run of the mill type tailgaiting chair?

http://www.rei.com/category/4500047

A-16 mist have these as well.

Cool, yeah that's pricey. The thing with A-16 is they dont have a great website. Odd for todays standards. I might drive by today and have a look to see what they have.

And I have a 3 person tent I can take to see if I can sell/swap it. But I was hoping to go to OcWells this Sat on the KLR. Choices, choices....

thanks again for the reminder.

A four legged packable chair? is it compact/fit in a touring bag type or just the run of the mill type tailgaiting chair?

Second picture is what I use - one of the four legged REI chairs - it packs up small enough to fit nicely in a GL Coyote bag. Find it much more comfortable than the 2-legger, since you can rest your legs easier.

First picture is one of these which I spotted my last time at REI. It packs up even smaller than the one I have, and I'm seriously considering trading mine in.

BTW, if you're not familiar with the REI membership return policy, I recommend it - I've returned/exchanged a couple things that haven't survived well on the trail, and they take it, no problem. Worth the extra $$ up front at REI to me.

I also used to be against the Ogio flight vest, until I got sick of digging into my luggage for crap I needed on the trail. Now I use the vest for anything I'll need while riding - wallet, camera, tube, tools, munchies - and break into the luggage (Giant Loop Coyote) only in camp.

A jacket gets strapped outside the GL, if I need to bring one.

Straps only - no bungies. No matter how hard you cinch down a bungy, it'll always have more give - whoops will find a way to free anything you have bungied.

post-14347-029987100 1368570053_thumb.jp

post-14347-065589500 1368570215_thumb.jp

Oh yeah, there you go. Thats the ticket. I like that compact one. Thanks for taking the time to post. Now I know what I need for sure. I've been a member of REI since the late 80's when I raced Mt Bikes. Great stuff. quality stuff. But def not for a budget like wally world. maybe if i have time I'll go by there too.

Oh the vest is great idea. I use my camelback for that. The few times I've loaded up, I bring an Army shovel and bury my stuff in trash bags so I dont have to carry it all day. Then I pick it up and set up camp later. The lightest bike brings the most smiles per miles.

I have the REI chair and I love it. Worth the money, I used it on a week long big bike trip I took last year.

I use the Big Agnes Seedhouse SL2. Its been a great tent, and packs down pretty small - got it even smaller by using a cinch sack for the tent and rain fly, allowing me to pack my mattress and inflatable pillow into the tent bag, too.

However, I think one of the models with a cross bar at the top that gives a little more interior room, and a side zipper would be a better choice.

post-14347-032958300 1368580065_thumb.jp

Cool, all good stuff. A-16 Wilderness is having a parking lot swap meet this Sat if you want to get a spot to sell get there early. It's free. And if you want to browse and buy get there early. They also are having a store sale. If you sign up with an email you'll get a 20% off coupon for any one non-sale Item. Anyways, just an FYI.

Costco has these meals 10 for 42 bucks. I've seen them for about 8 bucks before. But don't know much about the avg price. Anywho I bought a box of ten the other day for upcoming camping trips. Just thought I'd share.

post-15232-087047400 1370133198_thumb.jp