Goofy Footer

Dusk-Night Ride Sat Mar 23

I'd like to do a night ride this Saturday to test my new headlight. I'm open to Pine Creek, Boulder Creek, Bear Valley, Corral Canyon perimeter loop or whatever.

It will be my first night ride with this light and I'm looking to dial it in. Meet at dusk (or before) and ride.

Anybody interested?

1363904519[/url]' post='147669']

I'd like to do a night ride this Saturday to test my new headlight. I'm open to Pine Creek, Boulder Creek, Bear Valley, Corral Canyon perimeter loop or whatever.

It will be my first night ride with this light and I'm looking to dial it in. Meet at dusk (or before) and ride.

Anybody interested?

LOL, Kato just texted me about doing an evening ride. I have a 50 watt night sun with the halogen and the three LEDs that I use at Glamis and OcWells on my chin guard of my helmet. Goes where my eyes go. Pretty cool stuff. Would like to join you but we're heading out early Sunday for an Epic ride so I need to make sure my bike is prepped and ready.

LOL, Kato just texted me about doing an evening ride. I have a 50 watt night sun with the halogen and the three LEDs that I use at Glamis and OcWells on my chin guard of my helmet. Goes where my eyes go. Pretty cool stuff. Would like to join you but we're heading out early Sunday for an Epic ride so I need to make sure my bike is prepped and ready.

Ride straight through the night and into your morning ride!

Your Sunday ride looks ambitious! I can only ride Sat afternoon/night this weekend however.

I am planning on camping out in the high desert this weekend if you want to come out and try your lights come join us.

Goofy, this is tempting. I've also been eyeing up Slaugo's trip to the desert on Sunday...let me think about this. I have to get one of my bikes street-able first. Gonna go mess with the KLR now and the DR only needs a front tire and turn signals.

Alright guys, let's meet at the Pine Valley parking lot around 4pm (can be 5 if you want - I don't really care). We can hit up Bear Valley, roll down Kernan (or just do the loop back to PV), either enter Corral for a roll around the perimeter loop or take Morena Stokes to Buckman Springs to 80 to PV, up Pine Creek to Sunrise Hwy to Julian to refuel, down Boulder Creek etc

Back country dusk/night loop to test lights and have some fun. Relaxed attitude

I'll be on my DRZ and coming from the beach so I'll truck it. The other guys have bigger bikes and will probably ride. If you ride, you don't need an adventure pass to park your truck.

I'm gonna pull the stupid card and will be riding in from Oceanside. Hopefully...I just got up and have to go make the bike operational. I'll be cutting it close. Tim, worst case if I'm running late I'll send ya a text to meet up elsewhere. Also, where in Pine Valley are we meeting? Have one of those fancy google maps links?

I'll be on my DRZ and coming from the beach so I'll truck it. The other guys have bigger bikes and will probably ride. If you ride, you don't need an adventure pass to park your truck.

I'll be riding down from Julian. Do you need an Adventure Pass to ride a plated vehicle?

I'm gonna pull the stupid card and will be riding in from Oceanside. Hopefully...I just got up and have to go make the bike operational. I'll be cutting it close. Tim, worst case if I'm running late I'll send ya a text to meet up elsewhere. Also, where in Pine Valley are we meeting? Have one of those fancy google maps links?

Pine Valley exit off the 8 freeway. South side has a parking lot.

Keep me posted

I'll be riding down from Julian. Do you need an Adventure Pass to ride a plated vehicle?

No adventure pass needed for your bike - you're good to go!

Adventure Pass is only for parking in the National Forest.

Hey David, I believe it's exit 45 off I-8 the Southside of the exit in the Cul De Sac. But southpaw can verify. Have a great safe ride, done a if portion of that ride at night before and it's a plenty safe.drinks.gif

I just rode Pine Valley to Corral Canyon over the pass on Thursday last week. Conditions are good overall, but the main road is badly rutted...the worst I've ever seen there. Must have had some 4x4's tearing it up right after the last rain.

I'd love to make this ride tonight, but I don't have a plated bike. I've got a light on the RMX I've got right now, but I couldn't take it off the dirt sections.

I just rode Pine Valley to Corral Canyon over the pass on Thursday last week. Conditions are good overall, but the main road is badly rutted...the worst I've ever seen there. Must have had some 4x4's tearing it up right after the last rain.

I'd love to make this ride tonight, but I don't have a plated bike. I've got a light on the RMX I've got right now, but I couldn't take it off the dirt sections.

Whats up Evan, I put a BD 8" hslogen racelight on my DRZ with your stator. It ran great in baja last Sunday. Tonight will be the real test though.

Hope to catch you on a ride soon. Do you have a RMX450Z?

Whats up Evan, I put a BD 8" hslogen racelight on my DRZ with your stator. It ran great in baja last Sunday. Tonight will be the real test though.

Hope to catch you on a ride soon. Do you have a RMX450Z?

Oh man I wish. My main dirtbike is an 04 RMZ250. At the moment I also have a really nice RMX250 2-stroke (1990) that I'm trying to sell. I ride it every now and then. It's a really nice trail bike though. I would like to take it out again, but don't want to risk any street sections on it tonight.

Glad to hear the stator is rockin with that BD light Tim. The 8" light is pretty awesome, you should have a nice setup there.

Let there be light!

Are you still in Bay Park? I know your shop is in Cbad. I have a buddy who needs some help to sort some electrical gremlins on his bike.

Let there be light!

Are you still in Bay Park? I know your shop is in Cbad. I have a buddy who needs some help to sort some electrical gremlins on his bike.

no I moved to Mission Hills. I don't really have much room to work out of my place here. My shop is in Carlsbad, right off Palomar Airport road, by the airport. Just have him give me a call. Oh my new cell # is 619-985-2527

Let there be light!

no I moved to Mission Hills. I don't really have much room to work out of my place here. My shop is in Carlsbad, right off Palomar Airport road, by the airport. Just have him give me a call. Oh my new cell # is 619-985-2527

Sounds good thanks. I'll have him call you when he gets a chance.

btw you might want to update your forum signature, I was about to have him call the wrong number and your shop is still listed at OB Cycle

See you at 4. I'll hang around for a bit and make sure we catch you. Will you be on the Scram or the XR?

See you at 4. I'll hang around for a bit and make sure we catch you. Will you be on the Scram or the XR?

I am in Julian now. I an on the XR440. I will probably just ride until dark. I have never ridden in the Corral Canyon area.

Scum, I'm Leaving the beach now, meeting wekert at a gas station on the 8 fwy then off to PV. Eta 415.

You can fill up on gas at Descanso when you come down Boulder Creek