Slaugo

Ocotillo Wells this coming weekend 3-23 or 3-24

Well it's all SM trim cept for the 17" Dunlop 606's. rides really well just a huge loss of HP because of the spinning weight. Smooth ride.

Hey XR 97 L 400 we're meeting in La Mesa at my house prolly at 6:30. Let me know if you can meet there and ill pm u the addy!

Anyone have a map of Jucumba to the S2 area they can link is up with? Thanks

Anyone have a map of Jucumba to the S2 area they can link is up with? Thanks

I got some stuff I ll bring later to your place

slaugo - Hey I'm Jon, 6:30 at your place works for me. Sounds like you know your way around OW that's good cus I've only been out to the usual spots, the ridge ride looks awesome, I haven't done the border fence ether, looking foreword to that.

kato - "the s2 to canyon sin nombre /diablo drop off way (then fish creek and split mountain straight to ow)"looks like a good option. know how many miles it is? would fuel be an issue out at OW? I haven't done that link all at once.

SteelRain- Nice

doing the conversion tonight... getting amped! :D

Sunday

Otay Mesa, CA

Overcast in the morning, then mostly cloudy. High of 61F. Winds from the South at 5 to 15 mph shifting to the WSW in the afternoon.

Jacumba, CA

Clear. High of 66F. Winds from the West at 5 to 10 mph.

Ocotillo Wells, CA

Clear. High of 81F. Winds less than 5 mph.

Sounds good Jon, Kato is going to come over this evening with some maps and we're gonna plot, ill pm u my addy when I get home. Sounds like we have a set plan that will leave Otay out for this run.

So you do a rim swap? I have to do a pipe swap also when I do mine from am to dirt trim. cool. Weather is holding steady for Sunday so far.

Yes Kato also knows he's way around OcWells too. Should be a great ride.

kato - "the s2 to canyon sin nombre /diablo drop off way (then fish creek and split mountain straight to ow)"looks like a good option. know how many miles it is? would fuel be an issue out at OW? I haven't done that link all at once.

I dont know how many miles, ball park about 2-3 hours ride, depending on speed/how many times we stop and take pics, etc..

gonna be a lot of sand though.

Slaugo- wheels 21f 18b, front finder, gearing- going to try out the 14x43, I run 16X38 w/ the 17" wheels on the street.

Slaugo- wheels 21f 18b, front finder, gearing- going to try out the 14x43, I run 16X38 w/ the 17" wheels on the street.

That's a six speed right? That would be tall gearing on my bike. You putting Knobbies on?

So far its Sunday La Mesa 06:30 out to the Tecate to Campo Border fence run out to Jucumba, down to the S2 to canyon sin nombre /diablo drop off way (then fish creek and split mountain straight to ow) then a big loop around OcWells including the ridge run, and the sights.

La Mesa to about 5 miles up the S2 is approx 89 miles then on up the S2 to the 78 to OcWells Airport is another 67 miles all by road. Our route will be shorter so we should have plenty of fuel.

Roll Call:

Kato

97Xr400r

CL300Capt

Slaugo

SteelRain?

SteelRain Buddy?

Slaugo - Nope, it's a 5 speed. Converted it last night and rode in to work today to try out the 14T X 43T gearing. 1st gear is really nice but she's screaming by 70 mph. What kind of tarmac speeds are you hoping to sustain on this ride? I can slap the 15 or 16T up front if we're looking to go above 70 mph. Are we still in need of a tow line, if so what works best, I'll try to track something down.

post-15238-036833000 1363894002_thumb.jp

I checked the maps:

correct me of I'm wrong but I think the gas station in ocotillo (not wells) is dead so refueling will be in Jacumba and from there the next gas station is either @ salton sea or @ borrego springs (depending or where go).

- jacumba to canyon entrance on s2: 30 miles

- canyon sin nombre: 5 miles

- arroyo seco del diablo: 8 miles

- diablo: 3 miles

- fish creek to split mountain: 10 miles (plus 5 miles round trip in Sandstone canyon worth visiting)

- split mountain to OW airport: 10 miles

that's about 70 miles if we don't get lost a bit here and there.. depending on what we do in OW it will be about 30 more miles to get to gas in salton sea (Borrego Springs about the same)....

my tank should be able to spare a gallon or 2 in case of emergency. i did say emergency, ya heard? ahah

1363894009[/url]' post='147647']

Slaugo - Nope, it's a 5 speed. Converted it last night and rode in to work today to try out the 14T X 43T gearing. 1st gear is really nice but she's screaming by 70 mph. What kind of tarmac speeds are you hoping to sustain on this ride? I can slap the 15 or 16T up front if we're looking to go above 70 mph. Are we still in need of a tow line, if so what works best, I'll try to track something down.

Your bike looks good. Wishing I had some knobs avail.

Speed will and should prolly be a group thing on the slab but we'll test the 70 out on the dirt fo sho!. With my big arse in can only hit 104. (Don't ask me how I know that.) (ok, ok it was on the Pahrump track.) 70 is plenty. My spare 19"knobbie won't fit.....lol so ill have my Angel Wimgs.Ok so a tie down makes for a lousy tow strap. I've used a ten foot nylon strap to tow a buddy ten miles and it wasn't pretty, but it beats pushing. So a good strong rope will do,also. I'm gonna look for a long tie-down I have. Hope I can find it. What ever we bring it needs to be strong first, light and compact second. Can't wait.

1363900342[/url]' post='147658']
1363810616[/url]' post='147531']

I checked the maps:

correct me of I'm wrong but I think the gas station in ocotillo (not wells) is dead so refueling will be in Jacumba and from there the next gas station is either @ salton sea or @ borrego springs (depending or where go).

- jacumba to canyon entrance on s2: 30 miles

- canyon sin nombre: 5 miles

- arroyo seco del diablo: 8 miles

- diablo: 3 miles

- fish creek to split mountain: 10 miles (plus 5 miles round trip in Sandstone canyon worth visiting)

- split mountain to OW airport: 10 miles

that's about 70 miles if we don't get lost a bit here and there.. depending on what we do in OW it will be about 30 more miles to get to gas in salton sea (Borrego Springs about the same)....

my tank should be able to spare a gallon or 2 in case of emergency. i did say emergency, ya heard? ahah

I'm bringing an extra gallon from Jucumba on and I have some fuel line (about 3 feet to transfer from Kato's fuel tanker he calls a bike.... :)

So the Texico Desert Fuel Stop is closed? Maybe that owner was just to rude to too many...lol

I'm bringing an extra gallon from Jucumba on and I have some fuel line (about 3 feet to transfer from Kato's fuel tanker he calls a bike.... :)/>/>

So the Texico Desert Fuel Stop is closed? Maybe that owner was just to rude to too many...lol

I hope that extra gallon is gonna be enough.. bring loads of water too just in case :)/>

1363905605[/url]' post='147673']
1363903332[/url]' post='147666']

I'm bringing an extra gallon from Jucumba on and I have some fuel line (about 3 feet to transfer from Kato's fuel tanker he calls a bike.... smile.gif/>/>

I hope that extra gallon is gonna be enough.. bring loads of water too just in case smile.gif/>

Well, an extra gallon and a normal pace should get me minimum of 150 miles. 120 WFO! :pThen there's reserve, and then I can lean the bike all the way to the left for about 2-3 more miles......lolOh did you see me post up about the extra 3' of fuel line? I have a T-split to run tandem alongside of you....:)Just don't crash while I'm refueling in mid-flight!

I'm gonna bring my Camelback too. I'm at home in the dry desert air. The hotter the better. For me, not for all.

Just want to cover some ground and see the sites safely and grinning ear to ear with some great peeps.

AHAHAHAHH nice!!! i m picturing that T line and both bikes running tandem in the desert!! haaha oh man

Slaugo, I may be able to join you all on Sunday. I'm also considering GoofyFooter's night run, but I'll make a decision soon.

Gonna ride out to OcWells this weekend. Either day works for me. Can leave at O-Dark thirty or wait for the droolers to get up. Can hit Otay Mountain, Corral Canyon, Lark/Mcain and or hit the S2 and all its sights or just a few of them if anyone is game.

Or we can Hit Jullian down Banner out to OcWells. plenty of Options. Lunch or dinner along the way. Can time it for a night ride before heading back.

There will be sand, rocks and mud hills and pavement along the way. Any skill level is welcome.

If you havent been to Pumpkin Patch, Gas Domes, Shell Reef, Devils Slide, Blowsand Poleline road or any of the other sites let me know we can stop at each if need be.

Here's a couple of vids of one of my favorite spots out there. I think they overlap some but you'll get the just of the terrain of this one area. there are other vids of the different terrain out there. Post up if interested and let me know what if anything works for you schedule wise. Just a stroll nothing fancy.

http://youtu.be/Vr6nH8KNw7Y

http://youtu.be/2cRyRSghrWo

These videos look awesome! I totally wish I could join you guys on this ride but can't since I work Saturday night until 6am and then again Sunday night at 10- and wouldn't make it to La mesa by 6:30a... :( It seems like an epic ride and next time you guys go, Ill schedule one of my employees to work the night before the ride!! pls post some pics or videos after the weekend :)

Have fun out there! I like to ride OW and that part of AB. Maybe I'll catch you guys on the next one!

Zancat

Slaugo, I may be able to join you all on Sunday. I'm also considering GoofyFooter's night run, but I'll make a decision soon.

Come one come all, do both. It's gonna be a long ride so think both. Hope to see you there. PM if you want to meet in la Mesa with us.

Gonna ride out to OcWells this weekend. Either day works for me. Can leave at O-Dark thirty or wait for the droolers to get up. Can hit Otay Mountain, Corral Canyon, Lark/Mcain and or hit the S2 and all its sights or just a few of them if anyone is game.

Or we can Hit Jullian down Banner out to OcWells. plenty of Options. Lunch or dinner along the way. Can time it for a night ride before heading back.

There will be sand, rocks and mud hills and pavement along the way. Any skill level is welcome.

If you havent been to Pumpkin Patch, Gas Domes, Shell Reef, Devils Slide, Blowsand Poleline road or any of the other sites let me know we can stop at each if need be.

Here's a couple of vids of one of my favorite spots out there. I think they overlap some but you'll get the just of the terrain of this one area. there are other vids of the different terrain out there. Post up if interested and let me know what if anything works for you schedule wise. Just a stroll nothing fancy.

http://youtu.be/Vr6nH8KNw7Y

http://youtu.be/2cRyRSghrWo

These videos look awesome! I totally wish I could join you guys on this ride but can't since I work Saturday night until 6am and then again Sunday night at 10- and wouldn't make it to La mesa by 6:30a... :(/> It seems like an epic ride and next time you guys go, Ill schedule one of my employees to work the night before the ride!! pls post some pics or videos after the weekend :)/>

Kewl, if anything changes let us know.

Have fun out there! I like to ride OW and that part of AB. Maybe I'll catch you guys on the next one!

Zancat

We'll be looking for you. I like to slab up to Palomar hit the tight side then out to OcWells and hit the sites all the time so hmu.