Crazy Canadian

My meeting with a dbag in a blue Jag...

Two weeks ago on the quite residential road coming into my neighborhood, my Tiger and I had a run in with a jackass driving a Jag. Apparently a narrow busy two lane road with parking on both sides is the perfect place to crank your Jag up to 80 mph and come flying around the bend on the wrong side of the road... In a split second a quite day turned into being forced to swerve into a couple empty parking spaces to avoid the oncoming car and as I was not able to stop in time I plowed into the back end of a parked car...

Four days in the trauma ward, three surgeries (one to left shoulder, one to right foot and one to the right ankle) later and ten days recovering on the sofa watching crappy daytime TV later, I have made the decision to buy my Tiger back and rebuild her. Now I still have 6 months or so of P.T. to go before I can even think of going back to work, much less ride again. Anyhow the Tiger has no disastrous damage, just a long list of parts needed, that if bought new make her a total loss. After 18,000 miles together I am just too attached to her to let her possibly be parted out.

So here goes the biggest project of my life.

post-14817-039392000 1363398956_thumb.jp

post-14817-072688700 1363398970_thumb.jp

post-14817-077339200 1363398987_thumb.jp

post-14817-026872600 1363399001_thumb.jp

Damn Chris! Sorry to hear that! Hopefully w/the Ins settlement you can trick her out! Or.......Get an XC! Heres to a speedy recovery mate!

glad you are going to recover. this guy should get the book thrown at him.

watch out for the Dbag in a Jag with license plate "CAAVIAR" too. He is a real A hole on the road.

Did they catch the dude in the Jag? Any witnesses?

Lots of witnesses came forward and he stopped of his own free will or fear that about 5 people already had his plate number.

Did they catch the dude in the Jag? Any witnesses?

Lots of witnesses came forward and he stopped of his own free will or fear that about 5 people already had his plate number.

Thats good. I hope you take him to the cleaners!

I am sorry that happened to you, hope your recovery will be in full. If you need help with the bike let me know, I am a ok wrench. At least the bike will provide you with good therapy while you are stuck at home. I am just glad you where not killed.

By the background in the pic's it looks like you have a nice place to work, I would be glad to bring my comfort tools and help you work on the bike. I know you can do it but with injuries its tough (ask me how I know), accept help, I know it is not needed but what the h..l. I am a bit of a hack but the Snap-On guy loves me, at least I won't be stripping off the bolts.

Unc C.

Sadly the background is the service area of Rocket Triumph... My garage is nicely equipped, but not that nice. Got plans to pick up a use table lift or get one from Harbor Freight. Will certainly accept help with repairs when the time comes. First I have to get her home so if anyone has spare time Tuesday and a truck or trailer it would be greatly appreciated. The bike has to be picked up Tuesday from Rocket Triumph (I5 & I8 area) and I live near I15 & Hwy 56.

Man, that really sucks....glad you're still around. Wishes for a speedy recovery.