danrider

Three days of just going

I saw a window of opportunity in the weather and took it. I have been looking to buy an adventure bike that I could take on long distances and be comfortable while I chew up the blacktop but still have the capability's of taking it on the dirt back roads. This past Saturday I left Escondido and made my way to Salem OR to trade in my old BMW RT for a (new to me) 2009 BMW R 1200 Adventure that only had7 ,533 miles on it with all the goodies. I was told I had to get it this past weekend because of two backup offers on the bike and if I did not it would be sold to the next guy ( in another write up I will tell you why this bike and the year specific). I rode almost 22 hundred miles in three days (not recommended, but had too). Saturday, the five all the way to Redding, Sunday, Redding to Salem and back, and Monday Redding back to Escondido.

The ride up to Redding was boring and flat for the most part with some fun going over the Grapevine. The ride from Redding to Salem and back was great and fun going through all the passes. From Shasta to Salem was a great and twisty ride with scenery galore,lakes, rivers, trees, forest, snow, and mountains. Some Pic's below. Will explore this comming summer and take my time and camp.

VERY cool. :coolio: That's alot of miles in three days! :)

Nicely done. Next you'll be riding over 1200 miles in freezing cold on a DR650 with borrowed underwear! :party:/>

Great pics. Can't believe you had time to stop and take them.

Nice job, Dan. New bike and nice long bike trip to boot. Looks like a great ride.